Hi My Name is Evelina and I am an Aspiring Author

Home Forums Writer’s Digest Forum Introductions Hi My Name is Evelina and I am an Aspiring Author

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Good Afternoon Writer’s Digest Members!

My name is Evelina Wood. Well… not really. It’s truly Yvette, but I use Evelina as my pseudonym 😀
    May I please be given the ability to post within the forums?
    I am finally taking the plunge to let go of my fear and seek to be published. I am a single mom of two teenage boys and have been in the financial services industry for over 20 years. I have always wanted to be an author and can finally spend some time focusing on me to accomplish that goal. I have been working hard to get my own blog started and establish a foundation for social media presence.
    I am looking forward to talking and connecting with others. I am also enjoying the great articles available on the site. It’s nice to know that I am not alone in feeling overwhelmed at times. Thank you for taking the time to review my post. I truly appreciate it.

Sincerely,
    Yvette (aka Evelina)

AngelinaK52
    Participant

Welcome to the forums.

Anonymous

Good for you on moving forward with your dreams.

I think you’re better off working on your writing outside of blogging. Unless blogging is the kind of writing you want to do.

Blogging is good, but secondary.

Science Fiction author Robert Heinlein had five rules of writing. Number One is… Write.

https://www.deanwesleysmith.com/heinleins-rules-introduction/

There are a few people out there making a living by blogging. If you’re not trying to be one of those, concentrate on what you’re trying to do.

Oh, and welcome!

Anonymous

Hey Evelina! I just joined the forum today. Pleased to meet you!

I hope your experience here is as educational and motivating as I think it will be for me. Let me know if you’d ever like to exchange ideas/advice.

Anonymous

Thank you for the replies to my posts!

@robthethird – you are absolutely correct, writing is first and blogging will be second but I always go into things as prepared as I can be 🙂 I know I will need to have a marketing plan and mine includes blogging and social media – I don’t want to do these after, I’d rather build the base now.
    @jojosbooks – thank you! it’s nice to meet you as well

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.