Hello there

Home Forums Writer’s Digest Forum Introductions Hello there

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  vqileihi38 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

vqileihi38
    Participant

I’m a retired fella from the northeast currently doing the snowbird thing between NY and Florida. I mostly write non fiction usually humorous very short stories based on incidents in my life, The first one being 6-7 years ago and i still think it may be my best work. I have yet to be published but i haven’t put in more than a half hour sending out a few stories to mostly bad email addresses 4-5 years ago.

Here is a paragraph from one of my stories

‘As way of a little background, Mississippi as many of you know, is a third world country that was mistakenly annexed to the United States under mysterious circumstances at the turn of some century. Many of the facts have been suppressed but it is widely believed among history buffs that the key elements involved in what has come to be known as the ‘DP Affair’ were an Opium Smoking Indian Chief, a bi-sexual drunken high ranking member of Congress, his wife, a Totem Pole and 6 cents in beads- connected! Over the years there have been repeated attempts to rectify this egregious blunder and return Mississippi to its rightful owners but thus far a stalemate has ensued, as the Indians have repeatedly denied ever owning it or knowing where it is.’

I Hope i can become a contributing member but mostly hope i can learn to improve my writing.

AngelinaK52
    Participant

Welcome to the forums.

vqileihi38
    Participant

Thank you-Glad to be here.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.