Hello from China offering a right trading tool

Home Forums Writer’s Digest Forum Introductions Hello from China offering a right trading tool

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rob Vargas 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

andreafuyu
    Participant

Hi, I’m Andrea. I’m from China. I wonder a literary agent need a web-based tool to match the literary agent’s submission guideline with the query letters. Because I’m developing one.
    The most common reason that literary agents pass on the query is that the writer doesn’t meet the agent’s guideline. I want to create a web-based tool. The tool can generate the boilerplate template query letter which can be modified by the writer afterwards if necessary. If the agent signs it up, he/she can only receive the precisely-matched query letters. How do you think of it?
    I’m excited to hear your thoughts!

shadowwalker
    Participant

“Boilerplate templates” are available all over the net already. Frankly, if an author is unable/unwilling to read and follow an agent’s guidelines, I’m not sure a template is going to be of any value anyway, since they probably wouldn’t bother to modify it either. I’m not sure if any agencies would sign up for something like that, since they already have in-house methods of culling out queries that don’t match their criteria, and which also allow them to notice the ones they might want to look at anyway.

Rob Vargas

Why would an agent, OR an author, buy your product? What credibility to you have that either one of them would trust your application to work?

What you describe isn’t a bad thing, but I don’t see a reason to use it over and above simply reading and following the submission guidelines agencies make readily available.

I don’t see any strong enough need that this would be worth buying.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.