Happy Little Indie Prawn, Or Power To Teh Prawn

Home Forums Writer’s Digest Forum Writers’ Block Party Happy Little Indie Prawn, Or Power To Teh Prawn

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dreams of Tanelorn 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author

Hi everybody. 🙂

Have you heard of the indie prawn?

Prawn are little tiny aquatic lifeforms walking on the indie ocean floor. They are among the smallest of the small, feeding on the scraps left over by the bigger indie life.

Many prawn are happy to be prawn, munching away at whatever the tides of fate brings to them. A sale here, a sale there. No sale today, but maybe tomorrow.

And there are other prawn…

Prawn who rage against the machine, prawn who shake their fists at fickle fate.

If I remember correctly, “indie prawn” was coined by indie author Mimi Strong years ago, and has come to be used by the less successful indie authors to describe themselves.

“We’re all just little indie prawn walking on the bottom of the ocean with our little pitchforks raging against Amazon.” said one indie author.

“Someday my tribe will find me.” said another indie author.

Well, Edgar Allan Poe’s tribe found him after he died. I don’t wanna wait that long.

But I don’t wanna rage against the machine either, because well, the machine gave me the way out. It allowed me to bypass the powers that be, the publishing gatekeepers.

I write a story…and then it gets published online for anyone to buy.

That sets me free, I have no master… no master except myself.

“I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.” – Invictus, William Ernest Henley

I’ll keep trying to get better, learning more, honing my skills.

I’ll keep hammering away at the wall until I break through…

’til then, no sale today, maybe tomorrow.

– Dreams of Tanelorn

Rob Vargas

Is this a piece for critique?

If so, it should go in the Critique area.

I can move it, if desired.

Thanks Rob. 🙂

It’s just a post about indie prawn.

People can critique or comment as they desire.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.