Greatest Movie Lines Ever!

Home Forums Critique Central Screenplays and Stageplays Greatest Movie Lines Ever!

This topic contains 123 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years ago.

• Author

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

I’ve often wondered if a screenwriter knows if one of his or her lines is going to become famous when it’s first typed across the page. Imagine, you sit down one fine day and to your surprise one of your characters says:

“I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.” The Godfather

“The force will be with you.” Star Wars

“Say hello to my little friends!” Scarface

“You’re gonna’ need a bigger boat.” Jaws

“Some mornings you can just smell a sh***y day coming.” The Paper

“They’re called boobs, Ed.” Erin Brockavich

“Now that’s what I call a close encounter.” Independence Day

I could go on forever. What do you think are the greatest movie lines ever?

sirtwizt
    Participant

“You should be kissed and often and by someone who knows how.” –Clark Gable, Gone with the Wind

“C.K. Dexter Haven, you have unsuspected depth.” –Jimmy Stewart, The Philadelphia Story

“You are a sad, strange little man and you have my pity.” –Tim Allen, Toy Story

“Death by stereo.” –Corey Haim, The Lost Boys

I’ll have more later…;)

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

Those are fantastic!!

Thanks!

-Ramble

mich
    Participant

“Fear is the mind killer” – Dune

“Mother is the word for God on the lips of children” – The Crow

“This town needs an enema!” – The Joker in Batman

“Way wrong answer!” – Armageddon

“Luke, I am your father” – Star Wars

“Do or do not. There is no try” – Star Wars

I may have more later. Those are just off the top of my head.

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

Those are good ones, Angel. I’ll see your Crow, Batman and Dune, and raise you:

“That sounds like a really good deal. But I think I got a better one. How about I give you the finger”
    (he does)
    “And you give me my phone call.” -The Matrix

“My preciousssss.” The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

“Alright, that’s it! I’m gonna’ be right outside those doors. If I have to come in here again, I’m cracking skulls!” -The Breakfast Club

mich
    Participant

You’ve forgotten one of the most famous lines of all time. It’s cheesy, but everybody knows it.
    “I’ll be back” – the Terminator

“I’m melting! Oh what a world! What a world!” – The Wizard of OZ

“I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore Toto” – also The Wizard of OZ

“Wax on. Wax off.” – The Karate Kid

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

Oooh, Wizard of Oz. Excellent. What about:

“Fasten your seatbelts. It’s going to be a bumpy night!’ -All About Eve

“It’s the stuff that dreams are made of.” -The Maltese Falcon

“Here’s Lookin’ at you, kid.” -Casablanca

“Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’. That’s God**n right.” -The Shawshank Redemption

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

supernerd – 2009-03-02 3:45 PM

“You should be kissed and often and by someone who knows how.” –Clark Gable, Gone with the Wind

“C.K. Dexter Haven, you have unsuspected depth.” –Jimmy Stewart, The Philadelphia Story

“You are a sad, strange little man and you have my pity.” –Tim Allen, Toy Story

“Death by stereo.” –Corey Haim, The Lost Boys

I’ll have more later…;)

Man, that Gone With the Wind line is one of the best!

mich
    Participant

Hey. I’ve been up for 24 hours at this point. My brain isn’t functioning well.

“There can be only one.” – Highlander

“Get out.” – Amityville Horror

“Hail to the king, baby” – Evil Dead

“I stole the baby from the stupid dykini!” – Willow

Voskamp
    Blocked

How about this oldie, way before you weren’t even a twinkle in your daddies eyes…

WHY DON’T YA COME UP AND SEE ME SOMETIME?—Mae West in My Little Chickadee

Lillies

sirtwizt
    Participant

“What do you say we close those doors and get the prom queen impregnated?” –Judd Nelson, The Breakfast Club (It’s one of my favorite movies)

“Steven Tyler pjs! Steven Tyler pjs!” –Pauley Shore, Son in Law (because who don’t love Steven Tyler?)

“In the heat of battle my father wove a tapestry of obscenity that as far as we know is still hanging in space over Lake Michigan.” –Jean Sheppard, A Christmas Story

“You ruthlessly slept with me twice and never rang.” –Hugh Grant, Four Weddings and a Funeral

“Briget Jones, wanton sex goddess…oh, Mum!” –Rene Zellweger, Briget Jones’s Diary

“Why so serious?” –Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight

One of the sexiest lines ever uttered on screen and by far one of my favorites…

“I have crossed oceans of time to find you.” –Gary Oldman, Bram Stoker’s Dracula

mich
    Participant

“As God is my witness, I will never go hungry again.” – Gone With the Wind

“The power of Christ compells you!” – The Exorcist

“Every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings.” – It’s a Wonderful Life

mlghaley
    Participant

I’ve never been to this forum because I don’t write screen or stageplays, but the thread title intrigued me.

There are several good ones in Gone With The Wind: “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn.”

One of my all-time favorites: Forrest Gump – “My mama always said, ‘Life is like a box of chocolates; You never know what you’re gonna get.”

My very favorite, (though I don’t believe it’s famous) – Jimmy Stewart as Edward P. Dowd in my favorite movie, Harvey: He walks into a business, usually a bar, and someone asks “What can I do for you?” His reply? “Well, what’d ya have in mind?”  I love that one!

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

supernerd – 2009-03-04 9:44 PM

“What do you say we close those doors and get the prom queen impregnated?” –Judd Nelson, The Breakfast Club (It’s one of my favorite movies)

“Steven Tyler pjs! Steven Tyler pjs!” –Pauley Shore, Son in Law (because who don’t love Steven Tyler?)

“In the heat of battle my father wove a tapestry of obscenity that as far as we know is still hanging in space over Lake Michigan.” –Jean Sheppard, A Christmas Story

“You ruthlessly slept with me twice and never rang.” –Hugh Grant, Four Weddings and a Funeral

“Briget Jones, wanton sex goddess…oh, Mum!” –Rene Zellweger, Briget Jones’s Diary

“Why so serious?” –Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight

One of the sexiest lines ever uttered on screen and by far one of my favorites…

“I have crossed oceans of time to find you.” –Gary Oldman, Bram Stoker’s Dracula

Eegads! You have some great taste in movies!

I was not a huge fan of that Dracula when I first saw it, but reading that line almost makes me want to check it out again. What I wouldn’t give to write a line like that.

sirtwizt
    Participant

Dude, I LOVE Bram Stoker’s Dracula. And to be honest, I think it’s mostly because Gary Oldman played the part. Some said he couldn’t pull it off. HA! Gary Oldman oozed sex appeal as Dracula…Bela Lagosi…pah! Give me Gary anytime!

“Nobody puts Baby in the corner.” –Patrick Swazye, Dirty Dancing

“Show me the money!” –Cuba Gooding Jr., Jerry Macguire

“Whass aahhh…” –Marlon Wayans, Scary Movie

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

jimdens – 2009-03-05 9:00 AM

I’ve never been to this forum because I don’t write screen or stageplays, but the thread title intrigued me.

There are several good ones in Gone With The Wind: “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn.”

One of my all-time favorites: Forrest Gump – “My mama always said, ‘Life is like a box of chocolates; You never know what you’re gonna get.”

My very favorite, (though I don’t believe it’s famous) – Jimmy Stewart as Edward P. Dowd in my favorite movie, Harvey: He walks into a business, usually a bar, and someone asks “What can I do for you?” His reply? “Well, what’d ya have in mind?”  I love that one!

Well, I consider it quite a compliment that I induced you into the screenwriting side of the house. Muwahhh-haa-haaa!!

Those are all HUGE lines. I mean, so much comes from the actor’s delivery, but still, that Gone With the Wind line is world famous. Makes me so envious sometimes…

“Who is Kaiser Soze?” -The Usual Suspects (Trivia: originally, in the script it was Kaiser Sume.)

“Heeeeeere’s Johnny!” -The Shining

“Houston, we have a problem.” -Apollo 13

“Adrianne!!!!” -Rocky

“STELLAAAAAAA!” -A Streetcar Named Desire

mich
    Participant

“Madness is like gravity, all it takes is a little push” – The Dark Knight

“That which doesn’t kill you simply makes you stranger.” – The Dark Knight

“Shut up or I’ll break your nose!” – Willow

“How sweet fresh meat!” – Nightmare on Elm Street 4

“I see dead people.” – The Sixth Sense

“Keep firing a–holes!” – Spaceballs

“Leave her alone you b-tch!” – Aliens

“She’s a b-tch of the devil!” – Bram Stoker’s Dracula

“I say I’m dead and I move.” – The Crow

“Freedom!!!!” – Braveheart

“If he were here right now, he would consume the English with lightning from his eyes and fire balls from his ass.” – also Braveheart

“Him, I’ll kill for free.” – Scorpion King

“It’s Friday and you ain’t got no job and you ain’t got s–t to do!” – Friday

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

Mmmm, such a tasty list o’ great lines, Angel! The Dark Night is full of ’em. I particularly like,

“We burnt the forest down.” -The Dark Night

Some others…

“I love the smell of napalm in the morning.” Apocalypse Now

“We did not fight the enemy, we fought ourselves.” Platoon

“Uh, I’m familiar with the fact that you’re going to ignore this particular problem until it swims up and bites you in the ass!” -Jaws

“I gave up writing when I was ten. Too dangerous.” -Naked Lunch

mich
    Participant

“Do you really want to jump?” – Lethal Weapon

“Hate him back. It works for me.” – also Lethal Weapon

“A luck gun is like a pretty woman, you don’t question it, you just accept it.” – Copperhead

“Let’s hunt some orc.” – LOTR Fellowship of the Ring

“Good morning Vietnam!” – Good Morning Vietnam

“Run Forest. Run!” – Forest Gump

“I don’t know. I’m just making this up as I go along.” – Raiders of the Lost Arc

*Thanks Ramble. I own way too many movies.*

mlghaley
    Participant

Dang it to heck! I thought of a good one while I was eating supper a while ago and now I’ve slick forgot it!

Hey, that’s one’s not too bad….

xenie
    Participant

Oh my! I thought I was the #1 movie buff–I have some serious competition, I see.
    Here are some of my faves from just a few of my fave films:

‘Your eggo is preggo! Juno
    ‘Im mad as hell and I’m not gonna take it anymore!’ Network
    ‘Whoa. You are so busted!’ American Beauty
    ‘I’m too young to be old and I’m too old to be young’ Fried Green Tomatoes
    ‘I wish I knew how to quit you’ Brokeback Mountain
    ‘Snap out of it!’ Moonstruck

cayellow
    Participant

A couple of my all-time faves:

“They’re coming to get you, Barbara.”  Johnny, Night of the Living Dead.

“Let my people go.”  Moses, The Ten Commandments.

“Snakes…I hate snakes!”  Indiana Jones, Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.

sdmoldrepair
    Participant

jimdens – 2009-03-05 10:00 PM

Same here- I liked the thread title! My sisters & I often play the quote game- think up movie quotes to stump your opponents.
    I like your quotes Mr. Dens- nice & classic! How about these?

“This is a very interesting situation!” James Stewart, It’s a Wonderful Life

“My name is for my friends.” Peter O’Toole, Lawrence of Arabia

“How can we be in a match box you idiot? Where are all the matches?” 10th Kingdom (ok, not a classic but still a great line)

mich
    Participant

“You shall not pass!!” – LOTR Fellowship

“Yippie Ky-aye mother f–ker.” – Die Hard

“I can’t see you, but I know you’re there.” – City of Angels

“Houston you have a problem.” – Armaggedon

“This is my boomstick!” – Army of Darkness

“Close your eyes. Make a wish. Count to three.” – Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

“And abashed the devil stood, and felt how awful goodness is.” – The Crow

sirtwizt
    Participant

“Don’t touch that squirrel’s nuts!” –Johnny Depp, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

“A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.” –Julie Andrews, Mary Poppins

“I’m going crazy. I’m standing here solidly on my own two hands and I’m going crazy.” –Katherine Hepburn, The Philadelphia Story

“Goonies never say ‘die’!” –Sean Astin, The Goonies

“Brace yourself, lad, because this is really going to hurt.” –Dustin Hoffman, Hook

paris1929
    Participant

” God, the pressure of a name………Cinda f***ing rella ” – Pretty Woman

sirtwizt
    Participant

I watched Pretty Woman yesterday for the first time in…ages. It’s probably been about ten years. Oh my gosh…ten years…I’m feeling so old right now.

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

Wow! So many great lines! You all have some fantastic taste in movies!

For me, this is one of those things where you wish you could get paid for such a useless talent. Up there. Clogging the interstices of my brain are thousands upon thousands of movie lines. Here are some more of my favs:

“I want it to have that Barton Fink feeling.” -Barton Fink

“No one f*#@s with da’ Jesus.” -The Big Lebowski

“Where do they teach you to talk like this in some Panama-City-sailor-wanna-hump-hump bar, or is this getaway day and your last shot at his whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else, we’re all stocked up here.” -As Good As It Gets

“Looking at the cake is like looking into the future. Until you’ve tasted it, what do you really know? But then, it’s too late. (King Arthur takes a bite) Too late.” -Excaliber

charliebrown20
    Participant

This is my favorite exchange from Pitch Black:

(After almost getting eaten by an alien)

“I thought you said it was clear!”

“I said it looks clear.”

(exasperated)  “Well how does it look now?”

(Riddick looks back and forth)  “Looks clear.”

…cracks me up every time…

charliebrown20
    Participant

Who’da guessed I was a Star Wars fan?  😮

Some of the all-time best lines by Han Solo:

“And I thought they smelled bad…on the outside.”  (episode V)

“Who you callin’ scruffy-lookin’?”  (episode V)

The best exchange in Episode VI:

Lando:  Wait!  I thought you were blind!

Solo:  It’s okay, I’m a lot better now.  (aims laser rifle) Hold still.

Lando:  Just a little higher.  Just a little higher!

Okay…I just drew a blank…I’ll have more later.  😮

paris1929
    Participant

Yeah, the pretty woman lines and the movie in general was just something that touched me and I’ll never forget it. She had so much potential and had a rough life and got into selling her body in order to make rent and I can identify,…..hold on not with the selling my body or anything , but simply wanting to become so much more than what you are and she definately was someone who didn’t belong in that environment and am so glad she jumped into that car with sexy Richard Geer,…yum!!!
    Tera

sirtwizt
    Participant

“You complete me.” –Tom Cruise, Jerry Macguire (and I roll my eyes as I type this because it’s an over-used, cheesey line… plus I have a Tom Cruise phobia).

“This is Sparta!” –Gerard Butler, 300

“Meow.” –Michelle Pfieffer, Batman Returns

“You got it, Allison. You got it raw!” –Johnny Depp, Crybaby

“Don’t f**k with the babysitter!” –Elizabeth Shue, Andventures in Babysitting

“A hickey from Kenickey is like a Hallmark card. You care enough to send the very best.” –Jeff Conaway, Grease

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

Lexi – 2009-03-09 5:26 PM

This is my favorite exchange from Pitch Black:

(After almost getting eaten by an alien)

“I thought you said it was clear!”

“I said it looks clear.”

(exasperated)  “Well how does it look now?”

(Riddick looks back and forth)  “Looks clear.”

…cracks me up every time…

That’s such a great one!

djmuzc
    Participant

“You make me want to be a better man.” As Good as It Gets, Jack Nicholson
    “Give ’em to us raw and wriggling!” LOTR – Two Tower, Gollum

“I lead a small life. Well, valuable but small. And sometimes I wonder, ‘Do I do it because I like it or because I haven’t been brave?’” You’ve Got Mail, Meg Ryan (currently my all time fav)

“Where da white women at?” Blazing Saddles, Cleavon Little

Claryce
    😮

sirtwizt
    Participant

“Oh, yes! Yes! Yes!” –Meg Ryan, When Harry Met Sally

“You bow to no one.” –Viggo Mortensen, LOTR: Return of the King

“My love, my reason for dying.” –Beverly DiAngelo, High Spirits

“Let’s make some bad decisions with each other.” –Vince Vaugn, Wedding Crashers

lghthlzomb
    Participant

I’m a newbie,, and never posted in this Forum, but like others got sucked in by the thread title..

What a kick reading all of this.. so many memories! But I didn’t see my favorites (unless I missed ’em)..

“What we have here, is a failure to communicate” – Cool Hand Luke

“You know how to whistle, don’t you, Steve? You just put your lips together and.. . blow” – To Have And Have Not

These go back a few decades, I might be the oldest fart here… and as somebody mentioned above, these are classic ‘delivery’ lines – no body could deliver that second line like Bacall

Thanks for starting this, Ramble…

djmuzc
    Participant

“You bow to no one.” never fails to make me cry, Supernerd. Thanks for the reminder.

Claryce

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

jackm – 2009-03-10 10:37 PM

I’m a newbie,, and never posted in this Forum, but like others got sucked in by the thread title..

What a kick reading all of this.. so many memories! But I didn’t see my favorites (unless I missed ’em)..

“What we have here, is a failure to communicate” – Cool Hand Luke

“You know how to whistle, don’t you, Steve? You just put your lips together and.. . blow” – To Have And Have Not

These go back a few decades, I might be the oldest fart here… and as somebody mentioned above, these are classic ‘delivery’ lines – no body could deliver that second line like Bacall

Thanks for starting this, Ramble…

Hey, thanks for saying so! I’m thrilled that so many have posted because I’ve discovered some new great lines. Which for me is a big deal (I’ve seen WAY too many movies multiple times).

And yes, I totally agree with you. Only Bacall could hit you in the toes like that with her eyes when she delivers that line. But then to see Bogey’s reaction… Fantastic stuff!

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

“There is no sanctuary.” -Logan’s Run

“Here lies the body of Molly McGee, died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity. Not a bad record for this vicinity.” -Jaws

“Fight! Win! And call me when you get back. I enjoy our chats.” -The Incredibles

“With great power comes great responsibility.” -Spider-Man

sirtwizt
    Participant

Claryce – 2009-03-11 12:54 AM “You bow to no one.” never fails to make me cry, Supernerd. Thanks for the reminder. Claryce

Me too! And here’s another that makes me cry EVERY FREAKIN TIME. I don’t know the actor’s name, but I’m still gonna quote it…

“To my big brother George. The richest man in town.” It’s a Wonderful Life

cayellow
    Participant

“How could I forget about you?  You’re the only person I know.”  Jason Bourne, The Bourne Identity.

“I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I’d rather not spend the rest of this winter tied to this f***ing couch!”  Garry, John Carpenter’s The Thing.

djmuzc
    Participant

I believe that was Jimmy Stewart, Supernerd

Another tear jerker….”I wanted it to be you so bad.” You’ve got Mail, Meg Ryan

And for fun some great Monty Python lines (thanks to my husband’s assistance):

“I’m not dead yet.” Holy Grail

“Must be a king?”
    “How do you know that?”
    “He hasn’t got s*** all over him.” Holy Grail

“Nods as good as a wink to a blind bat.” Holy Grail

“ARTHUR: Be quiet!
    DENNIS: –but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more–
    ARTHUR: Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!
    WOMAN: Order, eh — who does he think he is?
    ARTHUR: I am your king!
    WOMAN: Well, I didn’t vote for you.
    ARTHUR: You don’t vote for kings.
    WOMAN: Well, ‘ow did you become king then?
    ARTHUR: The Lady of the Lake,
    [angels sing]
    her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur
    from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I,
    Arthur, was to carry Excalibur.
    [singing stops]
    That is why I am your king!
    DENNIS: Listen — strange women lying in ponds distributing swords
    is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power
    derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical
    aquatic ceremony.
    ARTHUR: Be quiet!
    DENNIS: Well you can’t expect to wield supreme executive power
    just ’cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
    ARTHUR: Shut up!”
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Claryce

sirtwizt
    Participant

Claryce, Jimmy Stewart was “big brother George”. I don’t know the name of the actor who played his kid brother.

THE PRINCESS BRIDE

“As you wish.” –Cary Elwes

“Hello, my name is Indigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.” –Mandy Patinkin

“Inconceivable!” Wallace Shaun

“Mawage is de bwessed event dat bwings us togedah today.” –Peter Cook

“When I was your age television was called books.” –Peter Faulk

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

Love the Monty Python and Princess Bride quotes!! My favs from both (and some more):

“I soiled my armor I was so scared!” -Holy Grail

“Stop those Rhymes now, I mean it!”
    “Anybody want a peanut?” -Princess Bride

“Hold on to your butts!” -Jurassic Park

“Yeah, but if the ride breaks down, The Pirates of the Carribean don’t eat the tourists.” -Jurassic Park

“Shall we play a game?” War Games

charliebrown20
    Participant

Woody in Toy Story:

You!  Are!  A!  Toy-eee!  You’re not the real Buzz Lighyear–ah! You’re an action figure!  You are a child’s play thing!

sirtwizt
    Participant

Buzz to Woody: “You are a sad, strange little man. And you have my pity.”

mich
    Participant

I can’t remember who said it or what movie it’s from, but my uncle always loved this line: “Here’s lookin at you, kid.”

“Death is the only adventure I have left.” – Hook

Also from Hook: “I found my happy thought Jack, and you’ll never guess what it was.” He flies up to his son. “It was you.”

“It’s contaminated” – Signs

The wife’s dying words from Signs: “Tell Morgan it’s O.K. to be silly. Tell Gram to see. And, tell Merile to swing away.”

“Swing away Merile. Merile! Swing away.” – Signs when the alien is in the living room.

“Today we celebrate our Independence Day!” – Independence Day

“You take care of my little girl now.” – Armaggedon

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

Wow, Angel! Chills, everytime I even think of Signs. It’s one of those that I can watch a hundred times and still get all emotional when Carol says “Tell Morgan it’s O.K. to be silly…”

“Here’s lookin’ at you, kid.” That’s my man Humphrey Bogart from Casablanca. Same movie where Ilsa says, “Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time.”

Not to mention, my personal fav from Casablanca:

“Of all the gin joints in all the town and all the world, she had to walk into mine.”

mich
    Participant

RambleDown – 2009-03-12 1:08 PM

Wow, Angel! Chills, everytime I even think of Signs. It’s one of those that I can watch a hundred times and still get all emotional when Carol says “Tell Morgan it’s O.K. to be silly…”

Oh I know. I saw it in the theater, and I was nervous all the way home in the dark. They did a great job with Carol too. She didn’t have many lines, but they were powerful.

jb1962
    Participant

Greatest lines in a movie ever? Easy as Sunday mornin’ babyluv. 😉

From Pulp Fiction: other: “Where did you get this motorcycle?” Bruce Willis: “It’s not a motorcycle, baby. It’s a chopper.” other: “Who’s chopper is this?” Bruce: “Zed’s, now c’mon baby we gotta go!” other: “Where’s Zed?” Bruce: “Zed’s dead, baby. Zed’s dead.”

From Four Rooms: Tim Roth: “I am NOT cuttin’ off Norman’s little PINKIE!”

Also from Pulp Fiction: Samuel L. Jackson: after repeating the bible scripture to Tim Roth in the restaurant. “You heard that, it meant your ass. But you’ve caught me in a transitional period and I’m not going to kill you.”

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

ecoll – 2009-03-12 3:08 PM

Greatest lines in a movie ever? Easy as Sunday mornin’ babyluv. 😉

From Pulp Fiction: other: “Where did you get this motorcycle?” Bruce Willis: “It’s not a motorcycle, baby. It’s a chopper.” other: “Who’s chopper is this?” Bruce: “Zed’s, now c’mon baby we gotta go!” other: “Where’s Zed?” Bruce: “Zed’s dead, baby. Zed’s dead.”

From Four Rooms: Tim Roth: “I am NOT cuttin’ off Norman’s little PINKIE!”

Also from Pulp Fiction: Samuel L. Jackson: after repeating the bible scripture to Tim Roth in the restaurant. “You heard that, it meant your ass. But you’ve caught me in a transitional period and I’m not going to kill you.”

Mmmm-hmmmm! Pulp Fiction is full o’ great lines. What about:

“Would you ever give a guy a foot massage?” -Vincent

“I’m not saying it’s reasonable, but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.” -Vincent

“So pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the f*&#$in’ car.” -The Wolf

Or how about from Reservoir Dogs:

“You know what to do in that situation. S*(*t your pants and dive in and swim.”

“You want a cigarette?”
    “I quit. (beat) Why, you got one?”

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

In kind of a dark mood, and I came here to try to feel better…

“Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day.” -Withnail & I

“You’re goin’ the right way for a smacked bottom.” -Shrek

“The greatest feat the devil accomplished was convincing the world he didn’t exist.” -The Usual Suspects

“It’s ALIIIVVVVE!” -Frankenstein

“Put the lotion in the basket!” -Silence of the Lambs

“I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti. (slurping noise) It was the best thing for him really. His therapy was going nowhere.” -Silence of the Lambs

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

In kind of a dark mood, and I came here to try to feel better…

“Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day.” -Withnail & I

“You’re goin’ the right way for a smacked bottom.” -Shrek

“The greatest feat the devil accomplished was convincing the world he didn’t exist.” -The Usual Suspects

“It’s ALIIIVVVVE!” -Frankenstein

“Put the lotion in the basket!” -Silence of the Lambs

“I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti. (slurping noise) It was the best thing for him really. His therapy was going nowhere.” -Silence of the Lambs

cayellow
    Participant

“Go ahead, make my day.”  Harry Callahan, Sudden Impact.

“My God, Jim, I’m beginning to think I can cure a rainy day.” Dr. Leonard McCoy, Star Trek: The Devil in the Dark (Episode 25).

cayellow
    Participant

“Go ahead, make my day.”  Harry Callahan, Sudden Impact.

“My God, Jim, I’m beginning to think I can cure a rainy day.” Dr. Leonard McCoy, Star Trek: The Devil in the Dark (Episode 25).

Quinn
    Participant

These are great. I don’t have time to read every single answer, and I just have to throw in my own personal favorites!!!

“Sarcasm is anger’s ugly cousin”–Buddy Ridell (Jack Nicholson) in “Anger Management

“I’m taking a vacation from my problems!”–Bob Wiley (Bill Murray) in “What About Bob?”

“There’s two types of people in this world–those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don’t. My ex-wife loved him”–Bob Wiley (Bill Murray) “What about Bob?”

“Oh, Fay, this is so scrumptious. Is this hand-shucked?”–Bob Wiley (Bill Murray) while eating corn on the cob –What about Bob?

AND MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE, FROM ZOOLANDER—(Ben Stiller)—“…there’s got to be more to life than being really, really, really, ridiculously good-looking”

Quinn
    Participant

These are great. I don’t have time to read every single answer, and I just have to throw in my own personal favorites!!!

“Sarcasm is anger’s ugly cousin”–Buddy Ridell (Jack Nicholson) in “Anger Management

“I’m taking a vacation from my problems!”–Bob Wiley (Bill Murray) in “What About Bob?”

“There’s two types of people in this world–those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don’t. My ex-wife loved him”–Bob Wiley (Bill Murray) “What about Bob?”

“Oh, Fay, this is so scrumptious. Is this hand-shucked?”–Bob Wiley (Bill Murray) while eating corn on the cob –What about Bob?

AND MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE, FROM ZOOLANDER—(Ben Stiller)—“…there’s got to be more to life than being really, really, really, ridiculously good-looking”

mich
    Participant

“I will hunt you. I will find you. And, I will kill you.” Taken

“I will come for you.” said to the daughter in Taken

“I’m your huckleberry.” Tombstone

“Well, a gun that ain’t loaded and cocked ain’t good for nothin'” True Grit

“I woke up this morning and just hated everything.” Tombraider

mich
    Participant

“I will hunt you. I will find you. And, I will kill you.” Taken

“I will come for you.” said to the daughter in Taken

“I’m your huckleberry.” Tombstone

“Well, a gun that ain’t loaded and cocked ain’t good for nothin'” True Grit

“I woke up this morning and just hated everything.” Tombraider

mlghaley
    Participant

Even more!

“You stole my story.”  John Turturro, Secret Window

“I brought the outside in here.”  Dakota Fanning, The Secret Life of Bees

“Mother….please!”  Anthony Perkins, Psycho

“I think I must have one of those faces you can’t help believing.”  Anthony Perkins, Psycho

“What kinda man are you?”  James Anderson, To Kill A Mockingbird

And the one I’ll never forget:  “He’s coming with me. Come on Clyde.”  Clint Eastwood, Every Which Way But Loose   We watched it at a drive in, and as he said this line I was throwing up the entire pack of orange Hubba Bubba bubble gum I’d put in my mouth about ½ hour earlier.

mlghaley
    Participant

Even more!

“I think I must have one of those faces you can’t help believing.”  Anthony Perkins, Psycho

And the one I’ll never forget:  “He’s coming with me. Come on Clyde.”  Clint Eastwood, Every Which Way But Loose   We watched it at a drive in, and as he said this line I was throwing up the entire pack of orange Hubba Bubba bubble gum I’d put in my mouth about ½ hour earlier.

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

jimdens – 2009-03-20 2:10 PM

Even more!

Heh heh. Those are great! I particularly like the image of you and the Hubba Bubba. Must’ve been a very bright hurl. 🙂 🙂

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

jimdens – 2009-03-20 2:10 PM

Even more!

Heh heh. Those are great! I particularly like the image of you and the Hubba Bubba. Must’ve been a very bright hurl. 🙂 🙂

cayellow
    Participant

“…, I mean, after six months in Amsterdam … you’re not sure if you’ve been there for twenty minutes or twenty years, if you know what I mean.”  Marie, The Bourne Identity.

jb1962
    Participant

RambleDown – 2009-03-12 3:19 PM

Mmmm-hmmmm! Pulp Fiction is full o’ great lines. What about:

“Would you ever give a guy a foot massage?” -Vincent

“I’m not saying it’s reasonable, but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.” -Vincent

“So pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the f*&#$in’ car.” -The Wolf

Or how about from Reservoir Dogs:

“You know what to do in that situation. S*(*t your pants and dive in and swim.”

“You want a cigarette?”
    “I quit. (beat) Why, you got one?”

Hehe… absolutely. I’m a big, big, big Quinton Terrantino (sp?) fan. I like most of his movies (except for the kill bill ones… those were terrible with a capital “T”). More great lines from Pulp Fiction:

“That’s pride, fu**in’ with ya. F**k pride!”– Marcellus Wallace

“You’re gonna go home, je** off and that’s all you gotta do!”– Vincent in Mia and Marcellus Wallace’s bathroom

“Ezekiel 25:17? The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.”– Jules in the apartment just before he and Vincent blast away at Brett. (I watched it again the other night… best scene in the movie!!)

“Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face!”– Vincent in the car.

And how about From Dusk till Dawn? I can’t quote any lines from there because of vulgarity, but when Cheech Marin is outside describing the… lovely attributes of the ladies inside the brothel, I’ve never laughed harder.

From Fight Club:

“I wanted to destroy something beautiful.”– Narrator (Edward Norton)

jrobertwatters
    Participant

“I don’t wanna kill you, and you don’t wanna be dead.”  -Mal, “Silverado”

“I can’t carry it for you.  But I can carry you!” -Samwise, “The Return of the King”

“Tell him about the Twinkie, Ray.” -Winston, “Ghostbusters”

“They’re heeeere!” -CarolAnn, “Poltergeist”

jrobertwatters
    Participant

“I don’t wanna kill you, and you don’t wanna be dead.”  -Mal, “Silverado”

“I can’t carry it for you.  But I can carry you!” -Samwise, “The Return of the King”

“Tell him about the Twinkie, Ray.” -Winston, “Ghostbusters”

“They’re heeeere!” -CarolAnn, “Poltergeist”

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

Great ones, everybody!

“And I got a whole bag of Shhhhh! With your name on it.” -Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

“Hold on to yer lug-nuts, it’s time for an overhaul!!” -The Mask

“A complete and total barf-o-rama.” -Stand By Me

“You been working at this plant so long, you’re a plant.” -8 Mile

“It’s redonkulous.” -I Love You, Man

B.L.Hansen
    Participant

Great ones, everybody!

“And I got a whole bag of Shhhhh! With your name on it.” -Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

“Hold on to yer lug-nuts, it’s time for an overhaul!!” -The Mask

“A complete and total barf-o-rama.” -Stand By Me

“You been working at this plant so long, you’re a plant.” -8 Mile

“It’s redonkulous.” -I Love You, Man

cayellow
    Participant

From The Planet of the Apes:

“Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!” George Taylor.

“Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil’s pawn. Alone among God’s primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother’s land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.”  Cornelius.

“You are a menace, a walking pestilence.”  Dr. Zaius.

“You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!”  George Taylor.

cayellow
    Participant

From The Planet of the Apes:

“Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!” George Taylor.

“Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil’s pawn. Alone among God’s primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother’s land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.”  Cornelius.

“You are a menace, a walking pestilence.”  Dr. Zaius.

“You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!”  George Taylor.

John Holton
    Participant

“The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone when you’re uncool.” – Phillip Seymore Hoffman as Lester Bang in Almost Famous

“Too weird to live, too rare to die.” H.S.T. as H.S.T. in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

John Holton
    Participant

“The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone when you’re uncool.” – Phillip Seymore Hoffman as Lester Bang in Almost Famous

“Too weird to live, too rare to die.” H.S.T. as H.S.T. in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

jrobertwatters
    Participant

“There are two kinds of people in this world.  Those with pistols, and those who dig.  You dig.”–The Man With No Name, “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

jrobertwatters
    Participant

“There are two kinds of people in this world.  Those with pistols, and those who dig.  You dig.”–The Man With No Name, “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Amitola
    Participant

Wow — just found this thread. Some GREAT lines here! I enjoyed all of them.

Being Monty Pyhton nut, I love the Holy Grail quotes — there are SO many fabulous ones in that movie. Geez, every scene has memorable lines:

“Bring out your dead!”

“None shall pass!”

“She turned me into a newt!” “A newt???” “Well…I got better.”

Just soooo many ones…

Oh, and the coconuts!

GUARD #1: Where’d you get the coconut?

ARTHUR: We found them.

GUARD #1: Found them? In Mercea? The coconut’s tropical!

ARTHUR: What do you mean?

GUARD #1: Well, this is a temperate zone.

ARTHUR: The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plumber may seek warmer climes in winter yet these are not strangers to our land.

GUARD #1: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

ARTHUR: Not at all, they could be carried.

GUARD #1: What — a swallow carrying a coconut?

ARTHUR: It could grip it by the husk!

GUARD #1: It’s not a question of where he grips it! It’s a simple question of weight ratios! A five-ounce bird could not carry a one-pound coconut.

Anyway, I also caught this about Casablanca:

RambleDown – 2009-03-12 2:08 PM

“Here’s lookin’ at you, kid.” That’s my man Humphrey Bogart from Casablanca. Same movie where Ilsa says, “Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time.”

Not to mention, my personal fav from Casablanca: “Of all the gin joints in all the town and all the world, she had to walk into mine.”

Great movie, but I think Claude Rains as Captain Renault had some of the best quotes in the film:

Renault: “I’ve often speculated why you don’t return to America. Did you abscond with the church funds? Did you run off with a Senator’s wife? I like to think that you killed a man. It’s the romantic in me.”

Rick: “It’s a combination of all three.”

Renault: “I’m making out the report now. We haven’t decided whether he committed suicide or died trying to escape”

And of course, the classic:

Renault: “Major Strasser has been shot. (pause) Round up the usual suspects.”

Amitola
    Participant

Wow — just found this thread. Some GREAT lines here! I enjoyed all of them.

Being Monty Pyhton nut, I love the Holy Grail quotes — there are SO many fabulous ones in that movie. Geez, every scene has memorable lines:

“Bring out your dead!”

“None shall pass!”

“She turned me into a newt!” “A newt???” “Well…I got better.”

Just soooo many ones…

Oh, and the coconuts!

GUARD #1: Where’d you get the coconut?

ARTHUR: We found them.

GUARD #1: Found them? In Mercea? The coconut’s tropical!

ARTHUR: What do you mean?

GUARD #1: Well, this is a temperate zone.

ARTHUR: The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plumber may seek warmer climes in winter yet these are not strangers to our land.

GUARD #1: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

ARTHUR: Not at all, they could be carried.

GUARD #1: What — a swallow carrying a coconut?

ARTHUR: It could grip it by the husk!

GUARD #1: It’s not a question of where he grips it! It’s a simple question of weight ratios! A five-ounce bird could not carry a one-pound coconut.

Anyway, I also caught this about Casablanca:

RambleDown – 2009-03-12 2:08 PM

Not to mention, my personal fav from Casablanca: “Of all the gin joints in all the town and all the world, she had to walk into mine.”

Great movie, but I think Claude Rains as Captain Renault had some of the best quotes in the film:

Renault: “I’ve often speculated why you don’t return to America. Did you abscond with the church funds? Did you run off with a Senator’s wife? I like to think that you killed a man. It’s the romantic in me.”

Rick: “It’s a combination of all three.”

Renault: “I’m making out the report now. We haven’t decided whether he committed suicide or died trying to escape”

And of course, the classic:

Renault: “Major Strasser has been shot. (pause) Round up the usual suspects.”

easthousing
    Participant

Ok, this is an awesome thread, and i had to put in my two cents

“It was beauty killed the beast” classic line from King Kong

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future” LOTR Fellowship of the Ring (that was my yearbook quote my senior year)

And of course, probably my favorite exchange from The Two Towers (Extended version)

(Legolas walks up to Gimli)
    Legolas: Final count; forty-two

Gimli: Forty-two? That’s not bad for a pointy eared Elvish Princeling. (*Chuckles*) I myself am sitting pretty on forty-three.

Legolas: (*pulls out an arrow and shoots the ork between Gimli’s legs*) Forty-three.

Gimli: He was already dead.

Legolas: He was twitching.

Gimli: He was twitching, ’cause he’s got my axe embedded in his nervous system!

That still makes me laugh whenever i hear it.

easthousing
    Participant

Ok, this is an awesome thread, and i had to put in my two cents

“It was beauty killed the beast” classic line from King Kong

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future” LOTR Fellowship of the Ring (that was my yearbook quote my senior year)

And of course, probably my favorite exchange from The Two Towers (Extended version)

(Legolas walks up to Gimli)
    Legolas: Final count; forty-two

Gimli: Forty-two? That’s not bad for a pointy eared Elvish Princeling. (*Chuckles*) I myself am sitting pretty on forty-three.

Legolas: (*pulls out an arrow and shoots the ork between Gimli’s legs*) Forty-three.

Gimli: He was already dead.

Legolas: He was twitching.

Gimli: He was twitching, ’cause he’s got my axe embedded in his nervous system!

That still makes me laugh whenever i hear it.

abroadabroad
    Participant

Two of the best movies ever made…

The Princess Bride:

I told you I would always come for you. Why didn’t you wait for me? -Westley
    Well… you were dead. -Buttercup

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles. -Miracle Max

He didn’t fall? Inconceivable! -Vizzini
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. -Inigo Montoya

That’s a miracle pill? -Inigo Montoya
    The chocolate coating makes it go down easier. But you have to wait fifteen minutes for full potency. And you shouldn’t go in swimming after, for at least, what? -Valerie

Have fun storming the castle! -Miracle Max

Where did we put that wheelbarrow the albino had? -Inigo Montoya
    Over the albino, I think. -Fezzik

You can’t hurt me. Westley and I are joined by the bonds of love. And you cannot track that, not with a thousand bloodhounds, and you cannot break it, not with a thousand swords. -Buttercup

Natural Born Killers:

Mister rabbit says, “A moment of realization is worth a thousand prayers.” -Mickey

You make every day feel like kindergarten. -Mallory

How sexy am I now, huh? Flirty boy! How sexy am I now? -Mallory

I see angels, Mickey. They’re comin’ down for us from heaven. And I see you ridin’ a big red horse, and you’re drivin’ them horses, whippin’ ’em, and the’re spittin’ and frothin’ all ‘long the mouth, and the’re comin’ right at us. And I see the future, and there’s no death, ’cause you and I, we’re angels… -Mallory

Live on national TV? JESUS HAROLD CHRIST ON A F***ING RUBBER CRUTCH, IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME? -Dwight McClusky

It’s fate, you know. Nobody can stop fate, nobody can. -Mickey

You know what I say? I say to hell with going back to our cells. Let’s go out there, and run down the stairs, and go out in a hail of bullets. And then we’ll die! And then we’ll really be free. -Mallory
    That’s poetry. But we’ll do that when all else fails. -Mickey

S**t, man, I’m a natural born killer. -Mickey

abroadabroad
    Participant

Two of the best movies ever made…

The Princess Bride:

I told you I would always come for you. Why didn’t you wait for me? -Westley
    Well… you were dead. -Buttercup

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles. -Miracle Max

He didn’t fall? Inconceivable! -Vizzini
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. -Inigo Montoya

That’s a miracle pill? -Inigo Montoya
    The chocolate coating makes it go down easier. But you have to wait fifteen minutes for full potency. And you shouldn’t go in swimming after, for at least, what? -Valerie

Have fun storming the castle! -Miracle Max

Where did we put that wheelbarrow the albino had? -Inigo Montoya
    Over the albino, I think. -Fezzik

You can’t hurt me. Westley and I are joined by the bonds of love. And you cannot track that, not with a thousand bloodhounds, and you cannot break it, not with a thousand swords. -Buttercup

Natural Born Killers:

Mister rabbit says, “A moment of realization is worth a thousand prayers.” -Mickey

You make every day feel like kindergarten. -Mallory

How sexy am I now, huh? Flirty boy! How sexy am I now? -Mallory

I see angels, Mickey. They’re comin’ down for us from heaven. And I see you ridin’ a big red horse, and you’re drivin’ them horses, whippin’ ’em, and the’re spittin’ and frothin’ all ‘long the mouth, and the’re comin’ right at us. And I see the future, and there’s no death, ’cause you and I, we’re angels… -Mallory

Live on national TV? JESUS HAROLD CHRIST ON A F***ING RUBBER CRUTCH, IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME? -Dwight McClusky

It’s fate, you know. Nobody can stop fate, nobody can. -Mickey

You know what I say? I say to hell with going back to our cells. Let’s go out there, and run down the stairs, and go out in a hail of bullets. And then we’ll die! And then we’ll really be free. -Mallory
    That’s poetry. But we’ll do that when all else fails. -Mickey

S**t, man, I’m a natural born killer. -Mickey

jrobertwatters
    Participant

Another great one from “Princess Bride”:

“This is true love.  You think this happens every day?”–Westley

jrobertwatters
    Participant

Another great one from “Princess Bride”:

“This is true love.  You think this happens every day?”–Westley

abroadabroad
    Participant

Oh, how could I forget So I married an Axe Murderer:

Tony: So who’s in this Pentavirate?
    Stuart: The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went tits up. Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eyes, and that smug look on his face. “Oh, you’re gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!”
    Charlie: Dad, how can you hate “The Colonel”?
    Stuart: Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes ya crave it fortnightly, smartass!

Harriet: Do you actually like haggis?
    Charlie: No, I think it’s repellent in every way. In fact, I think most Scottish cuisine is based on a dare.

Charlie: You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it’s called F**k You. It’s mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they’re on the ground.

Charlie: It’s like Campbell’s Cup-O’-ccino!

Stuart: I’m not kidding, that boy’s head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts! Now that was offside, wasn’t it? He’ll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow.

Charlie: Harriet. Harry-ette. Hard-hearted harbinger of haggis. Beautiful, bemuse-ed, bellicose butcher.

abroadabroad
    Participant

Oh, how could I forget So I married an Axe Murderer:

Tony: So who’s in this Pentavirate?
    Stuart: The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went tits up. Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eyes, and that smug look on his face. “Oh, you’re gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!”
    Charlie: Dad, how can you hate “The Colonel”?
    Stuart: Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes ya crave it fortnightly, smartass!

Harriet: Do you actually like haggis?
    Charlie: No, I think it’s repellent in every way. In fact, I think most Scottish cuisine is based on a dare.

Charlie: You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it’s called F**k You. It’s mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they’re on the ground.

Charlie: It’s like Campbell’s Cup-O’-ccino!

Stuart: I’m not kidding, that boy’s head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts! Now that was offside, wasn’t it? He’ll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow.

Charlie: Harriet. Harry-ette. Hard-hearted harbinger of haggis. Beautiful, bemuse-ed, bellicose butcher.

DCapone
    Participant

Open Season: Elliot, on coffee: “Yuck…yuck! It’s terrible and wonderful at the same time! It’s like freedom in a cup!”

Willow

Madmartigan: What the hell happened up there?

Willow: You started spouting poetry! I love you, Sorsha! I worship you, Sorsha! You almost got us killed!

Madmartigan: I love you, Sorsha? I don’t love her! She kicked me in the face! I hate her! Don’t I?

_____

Sorsha: What are you looking at?

Madmartigan: Your leg. I’d like to break it.

If you can’t tell, Willow is like one of my favorite movies of all time.

DCapone
    Participant

Open Season: Elliot, on coffee: “Yuck…yuck! It’s terrible and wonderful at the same time! It’s like freedom in a cup!”

Willow

Madmartigan: What the hell happened up there?

Willow: You started spouting poetry! I love you, Sorsha! I worship you, Sorsha! You almost got us killed!

Madmartigan: I love you, Sorsha? I don’t love her! She kicked me in the face! I hate her! Don’t I?

_____

Sorsha: What are you looking at?

Madmartigan: Your leg. I’d like to break it.

If you can’t tell, Willow is like one of my favorite movies of all time.

abroadabroad
    Participant

Oh man! I love Willow!

Her name is not Sticks! She’s Elora Dannen, the future empress of Tir Asleen and the last thing she’s gonna want is a hairy chest! -Willow

abroadabroad
    Participant

Oh man! I love Willow!

Her name is not Sticks! She’s Elora Dannen, the future empress of Tir Asleen and the last thing she’s gonna want is a hairy chest! -Willow

DCapone
    Participant

More from WILLOW

Rool: We’ll never catch up with those horses!
    Franjean: Then we will have to track them.
    Rool: That would take forever. Besides, even if we find them, they’d only capture us, stick us in cages, torture us and finally devour us!
    Franjean: Are you suggesting we go home?
    Rool: Nah, this is more fun.

Madmartigan: I am the greatest swordsman that ever lived.

Another great 80s movie LABYRINTH

Sarah: Ow! It bit me!
    Hoggle: What’d you expect fairies to do?
    Sarah: I thought they did nice things, like… like granting wishes.
    Hoggle: Shows what *you* know, don’t it?

Sarah: You have no power over me.

robertcole
    Participant

I love reading all of these movie quotes.

Sallah: “Why do you keep calling him Junior?”
    Henry Jones Sr: “It’s his name, Henry Jones Junior”
    Indiana Jones: “I prefer Indiana”
    Henry Jones Sr: “We named the dog Indiana.”

Indiana Jones: “Snakes, why’d it have to be snakes?”

Belloq: “We are not so different, you know.”
    Indiana Jones: “Now you’re getting nasty”

Belloq: “How odd that it should end this way for us after so many stimulating encounters. I almost regret it. Where shall I find a new adversary so close to my own level?”
    Indiana Jones: “Try the local sewer.”

IfUBelieve
    Participant

Bram Stoker’s Dracula.

Looking across the London street at Mina, Dracula slips down his sun specs, and says:

“See me. See me — now.”

It’s equally as erotic and sexually charged as the line about crossing the oceans, which, I loved, too.

mich
    Participant

“Split a piece of wood and I am there. Lift a stone and you will find me” – Stigmata

“I need to use the chair” – Constantine

Dagwood
    Participant

“Leave the gun, take the canolli.” – The Godfather

vassalsconnected
    Participant

Here is one of my favorites:

I love my dead gay son, –heathers

Lena

jrobertwatters
    Participant

LenaH – 2009-05-29 12:13 PM Here is one of my favorites: I love my dead gay son, –heathers Lena

How very.

appealingishes
    Participant

“Dinosaurs eat man, Woman inherits the earth!” -Jurassic Park-

“1.21 giggawatts?!” -Back to the Future-

“No, No, No, No more Foreplay!” -007 Goldeneye-

“I’m a Doctor not a Physacist!” -McCoy, Star Trek 2009-

“ET Phone Home” -ET-

“Do you have anything to say to me about what you have done?” -Pride and Glory-

“Khaaaaaaan!” -Star Trek II (i think, which ever one ricardo mantalban was in)

“Time is the Fire in which we Burn.” -Star Trek Generations-

“I’ll slit you from navel to nose…” -Everafter-

“I Love You!” Princess Leia, “I know!” Han -SW:Emipre Strikes Back-

“You weigh more than one hundred and fifteen pounds.” -Batman-

“I’m going to cut his heart out with a Spoon!” Nottingham, “Why a Spoon cousin?” nottigham’s cousin “It’s dull it’ll hurt more you twit!”Nottingham -Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves-

“Come with me if you want to live.” -Terminator 2-

“You’re not afraid of the dark are you?” -Pitch Black-

“Sister, they don’t know what to do with just one of me.” -Chronnicles of Riddick-

“Snakes… Why’d it have to be Snakes?!” -Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark-

Tracyliann
    Participant

Obviously, you’re not a golfer.

appealingishes
    Participant

golf? what does golf have to do with it? I have seen Caddyshack and Happy Gilmore if thats what you mean, I just couldnt qoute them to save my life.

“As Long as there has been one true God, there has been killing in his name!” -the Davinci Code! I love (Dan Brown!)

“These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.” -Star Wars A New Hope-

“Their product is certainty. I’m Selling Doubt, that’s my product.” -Religulous- **documentry, Bill Maher**

“Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?” -Rush Hour-

“Look to your feet Grosshopper, and tell me what you see.” -Kung Fu-

“I wanna take his face… Off.” -Face/off-

“You got blood in my fro!” -Pulp Fiction-

“Tell me why should I trade One tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away?” -the Patriot-

“They can take our bodies, but they can never take our freedom!” -Braveheart-

“Wanna Here the most annoying sound in the world?…” -Dumb and Dumber-

“The first rule about fight club, is you don’t talk about fight club.” -Fight Club-

Tracyliann
    Participant

Yeah, well at least I’m house broken.

I highly recommend you watch The Big Lebowski. I think that’d help you make sense of–Look Lloyd, there’s some more people who want a ride too. PICK ‘EM UP!

“I’m not dead yet! I’m happy!” as old man is being thrown on the black plague death wagon in Monty Python’s Holy Grail
    “It’s just a flesh wound!” Black night from Monty Python’s Holy Grail
    “We demand a shrubbery! Something small, not too expensive.” MP Holy Grail
    ^^ It’s been a while since I’ve seen the movie, these might not be entirely accurate quotes.

“Dammit, Jim, I’m a doctor, not a miracle worker!” Dr. Leonard McCoy – Star Trek

“One small step for man, one giant leap for us.” Willy Wonka

jeffka02
    Participant

dont know if theyre already in here cuz theyre are so many 🙂 but i love em anyway .
    “Hello Clarice.” Silence of the Lambs
    “Hi, I’m Chucky. Wanna play?” Child’s Play
    and this one wasnt really spoken but its still great, the dad finds the note on his red convertable that has just been vandalized,
    “Now I popped both your cherries.” Cape Fear

abirish
    Participant

Fun list. How about…

“It’s in the hole.” – – Cady Shack

abirish
    Participant

Fun list. How about…

“It’s in the hole.” – – Cady Shack

Tracyliann
    Participant

“I should have known you were behind this kung-fu treachery!”

“I threw that before I walked in the room!”

“Shhh, you’re gonna wake the other b*tches.”

Quotes courtesy of Black Dynamite. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, google Black Dynamite and watch the trailers. Laugh, ice your sore abdomen and then watch them again.

pfstekly
    Participant

“As God as my witness, I AM NOT AN ANGEL DUST DEALER!” Dan Ackroyd, Trading Places
    “Get away from her, you BITCH!” Sigorney Weaver, Aliens
    “Why does God need a spaceship?” William Shatner, Star Trek V (?)
    “Flash Gordon, quarterback, New York Jets.” Dale Arden, your highness? Live and let live.” Sam Jones and Melody Anderson (respectively)

pfstekly
    Participant

“I’d rather die young and very wealthy.” The Trouble With Angels

sreicher
    Participant

Ok ok, i have only a few:

“What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?”- High Fidelity

“I’m going to fight it, but I’ll let it live. What about my dynamite?” -The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (theres so many from that movie!!!)

and of course, “I saved latin. What have you done?” -Rushmore

“I’m Finished.” -There Will be Blood (last line, brought the whole movie together)

“You should admit your situation. There would be more dignity in it.” -No Country for Old Men (the most chiling line ever)

“End of line!” -Tron

“Okay. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we’re not back by dawn… call the president.” -Big Trouble in Little China

“He’s calling the spirits of darkness… I saw him do this once before when a girl dumped him!” -Howl’s Moving Castle (what can i say, i like my anime)

Thats all i got so far, hope you enjoy them.

Jeffe01
    Participant

“Write in deeply moving pros that are not baroque and do not overwrite.” -Elisha Cuthbert, MYSASSYGIRL

chimo
    Participant

how can we forget the greatest horror quote of all time?

“We all go a little mad sometimes.” -Psycho

bigiq
    Participant

…or my favorite “writer” movie line–“The night was humid.”

cameroonamour
    Participant

Great lines fly like the lead in Tombstone.

Wyatt Earp: How are you?
    Doc Holliday: I’m dying, how are you?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108358/quotes

lf

hotskoz
    Participant

These are some of my favorites…

“Time is the fire in which we burn.”
    Star Trek 7

“I want the fairytale.”
    Pretty Woman

“Molly, you in danger girl!”
    Ghost

“Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings.”
    It’s a Wonderful Life

“Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends.”
    It’s a Wonderful Life

“Nobody puts baby in the corner.”
    Dirty Dancing

“Do I stutter?”
    The Breakfast Club

“His name is Blane? Oh! That’s a major appliance, that’s not a name!”
    Pretty in Pink

“Wax on, wax off”
    The Karate Kid

sirtwizt
    Participant

“I never thought I’d be so happy to be a virgin.” Randy, “Scream”

Montessori
    Participant

Kate: Are you okay?
    Seth: Peachy, Kate. The world’s my oyster, except for the fact that I just rammed a wooden stake in my brother’s heart because he turned into a vampire, even though I don’t believe in vampires. Aside from that unfortunate business, everything’s hunky-dory. [ Dawn Til Dusk ]

“He’s got huge, sharp… er… He can leap about… Look at the bones!” — Tim, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Lomoallomslab
    Participant

Quick! Hang a right…Cut over to G Street. I just saw a vision! I saw a goddess. Come on, you’ve got to catch up to her… This was the most perfect, dazzling creature I’ve ever seen… She spoke to me. She spoke to me right through the window. I think she said, ‘I love you.’ That means nothing to you people? You have no romance, no soul? She – someone wants me. Someone roaming the streets wants me! Will you turn the corner?

Curt Henderson in American Graffiti.

GDS
    Participant

“Man that ball got outta here in a hurry. I mean anything travels that far oughta have a damn stewardess on it, don’t you think?” Kevin Costner, Bull Durham

“Heywood leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair. When this guy sneezes, he looks like a party favor.” Bob Eucker, Major League

“I am serious, and don’t call me Shirley” Leslie Neilson, Aiplane

“C’mon, it’s Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick ’em up, we zip right out again. We’re not going to Moscow. It’s Czechoslovakia. It’s like going into Wisconsin. ” Bill Murray, Stripes

“It’s not the years, honey, it’s the mileage.” Harrison Ford, Raiders of the Lost Ark

Haskewtl
    Participant

“This is my rifle, this is my gun. One is for killing and one is for fun.”
    From “Full Metal Jacket” – never call a rifle a gun.

spkarra
    Participant

I want only to say that it is always the simplest ideas which lead to the greatest consequences. My idea, in its entirety, is that if vile people unite and constitute a force, then decent people are obliged to do likewise; just that.

From the greatest movie of all time “Voyna i Mir” (War and Peace 1968)

Antonius Block: Wait a moment.
    Death: You all say that. But I grant no reprieves

The Seventh Seal

Isobelainnoli
    Participant

These are my favorite quotes from some of my favorite films.

“What if there is no tomorrow? There wasn’t one today” – Groundhog Day

” So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn’t it be the other way around?” – You’ve Got Mail

“I was cured all right” – A Clockwork Orange

“My heart is, and always will be, yours.” – Sense and Sensibility

Anonymous

Watson: “Get that out of my face.”
    Holmes: “It’s not in your face, it’s in my hand.”
    Watson: “Get what’s in your hand out of my face.”
    Sherlock Holmes

“It’s so overt, it’s covert.”
    Sherlock Holmes, A Game of Shadows

“Smmeeeeee!”

“Is it gone, Smee?”

“Pan, pirate, poppycock! Absolute poppycock!”
    Disney Peter Pan

“Blast me to Bermuda!”

“Man will fly all right, like a rock!”
    Sword in the Stone

Yep, I’m a Disney fan.
    🙂

Anonymous

“I’m high, she don’t be believing me” Smokey from Friday

“Garbage day!” from Garbage Day

“you are a child’s plaything!” Woody to Buzz in Toy Story

just some lines I thought were funny and the toy story one is so obviously pun.

Anonymous

Most of the favourites mentioned in this thread so far are much too recent for me. I don’t know more than a few of ’em. I tend not to watch films which are ‘popculture popular’ or ‘filled with quotable lines for teens to quote’. (Tarantino based his career off this). I usually winnow out not just ‘the line’ –but the moments in the film where the acting was good; and the line just happens to be there too.

What I think is that people tend to valorize whatever media they grew up with. Music or movies or TV, either/any. Obviously I didn’t grow up in the 1930s; but nevertheless I simply never bother to watch a flick if it has a Roman numeral in it (indicating sequel or franchise).

After all, why go backward? I’d rather try to improve the media I’m exposed to, rather than dilute the brew. For instance, I’m totally weak on my Shakespeare. Elizabethan language kills me. Nevertheless, I’d always rather try to become more versed in something worthwhile like that, rather than watch another ‘Police Academy’ or ‘Saw’ or ‘Fast Furious’ sequel.

The upshot is: I feel like I could rattle off my favourites for days on end and never come to a movie made more recently than the nineteen fifties. Bonafide classics, all the way. I think the only franchise flicks I’ve ever seen/enjoyed were probably as few as these: Star Trek II, Rocky II, Godfather II, French Connection II. I just don’t believe you can milk a cow more than once.

Yeah. Once the whole ‘teen sex comedy movie’ trend started, once adult stories stopped predominating, I throw up my hands. And now that so many films are merely computer animations with actor voice-overs, forget it.

Anyway…

“Reese, you’re a private! You don’t give orders, you take ’em!”
    –Hell is for Heroes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.