Any writers out there who are non-native English speakers?

Home Forums Writer’s Digest Forum Introductions Any writers out there who are non-native English speakers?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AngelinaK52 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

paulinamarroquin
    Participant

Hi there,

My name is Irina. As the title says, English is not my mothertongue (I am a Russian-born German). I would like to become a member of this community as I dearly miss the exchange with other writers.

So far I have self-published four books, the first two are historical novels written in German, the two recent ones are collections of poetry and short stories written in English. Currently I am working on a horror short story (in English) which is based on true events that happened in my family.

I have been pursuing a writing career since 2013, but I have only now realized that I have made my life more difficult than necessary by never seriously reaching out to other writers for a creative exchange, writing advice, or to gather new ideas about great self-publishing marketing tools.

My background: I have a BA in Art History from the University of Glasgow and an MA in Creative Writing from Teesside University.

Thanks for reading and I am looking forward to chat with you all.

Irina

AngelinaK52
    Participant

Welcome to the forums.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.