2018 Plans

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

What is everyone planning to do for 2018?

Anonymous

Self publishing an apocalyptic memoir -it’s in the final edit, should be ready by the end of January.
    Sequel to a previous novel – release for the fall.
    Writing a Photography book.
    Put together a first draft to one of three ideas I have sketched out, starting this summer or fall.

AngelinaK52
    Participant

Finally getting back to writing. I haven’t written a thing in almost 2 years for personal reasons. I am determined to get my butt in a chair and get cracking on a revision to one of my novels.

jIPPity
    Participant

Finish editing my current novel, begin querying agents about it, and pitching it to agents at PitchFest in July.

–Warren

Anonymous

Editing my book Steel Prison and hopefully publishing it.

Anonymous

I am planning on working on my mystery novel. I’m on the second draft and would love to have a copy that I can have people read by end of 2018! I also want to research the best way to go about having it published – do I first seek out agent, or just send out to publishers? So if anyone has advice on that I would welcome it.

I also want to enter competitions that WD has – the free ones! Like short short stories and the ones where you write just one sentence based off a photo.

-Heather

jIPPity
    Participant

Hi, Heather. You first seek representation by an agent, and then s/he sends it out to publishers. A few publishers do accept unagented submissions, but it’s best to have an agent.

Best way to find an agent is to open an account on QueryTracker. It’s a great service, and it’s free!

Best of luck on your novel!

–Warren

Anonymous

Finished the second draft of a novel back in 2016. I need to get back to it. Wasn’t happy with the second half, so this will be a major rewrite as I try to make the story arc more “arc-y”.

Also, I have a horror character that won’t stop bugging me. I need to get her story going again. This will probably go self-pub. Still making up my mind on that.

Over at “my place,” I mentioned a sci-fi story with some intriguing concepts. Need to get that going, too. As experimental as that is, I’ll probably self-pub it.

And get back into some poetry. I’m setting a 2019 goal to self-pub an anthology. Not a long one.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.