Gooblink – 2008-06-04 12:20 PM
This discussion gave me an idea. Maybe we should carry cards?
Miranda Rights for Writers
Warning: what you say can and will be used.
1. You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions. Do you understand that I will make stuff up, with or without your input?
2. Anything you do say may be used in my next project. Do you understand that my opinion of you will affect how others perceive you?
3. You have the right to consult an attorney…now or in the future. Do you understand that if you seek legal action you will be, in effect, admitting you are guilty of the actions and/or behavior of said character?
4. If you cannot afford an attorney, tough. Do you understand I’m counting on it?
5. If you decide to answer questions, or otherwise continue our relationship, you will still have the right to stop answering at any time. Do you understand I will still make stuff up?
6. Knowing and understanding your rights as I have explained them to you, are you still willing to be my friend?
This is great. We should have this printed on the back of our business cards! That way no one can say they weren’t forewarned…