Re: Re: Lovely Meal Gone Wrong 5/13-5/19

Home Forums Motivation Station Writing Prompts and Challenges Lovely Meal Gone Wrong 5/13-5/19 Re: Re: Lovely Meal Gone Wrong 5/13-5/19

rhythm
Participant

“guy 7’oc talk patio in 5 – lucy m.”

i looked behind me, only to see a familiar face. i tried to gather my thoughts. i know this face.

“what’s wrong, is everything ok?” asked Jill.
“no… i mean, yes, bill’s ok.”
“let me see…” Jill tried to reach out to the bill and in a split-second; i grabbed it, stood up, and said,
“ok, erm, look, …” i fumbled, looking for the waiter’s nametag.
“matt,” he said, in a very odd manner.
“matt, i don’t think you should charge us for the crappy crab cakes.”
i shocked myself – i couldn’t believe a criminal lawyer could say such stupid cover-ups.
“ok, i’ll get my manager,” he said. and i caught that strange wink he sent my way.
“i’ll speak to him personally,” i said, firmly looking at Jill’s direction, and added,
“excuse me for a sec, i’ll be right back.”
“o-k, just hurry up, i’m running late.”

i followed matt to the patio. we passed by 3 men in black, all sipping evian. suits don’t hang out dry on evian. something’s gravely wrong.

within 20 steps, i found the ‘7 o’clock’ guy standing with yet another bottle of evian.

matt left us.

i could see him unbuttoning his vest and threw it into the pool as he walked away.

Mikhail pedrov. this was guy the whom i ‘set free’ many years ago. i was certain, that he should be behind bars for the murder of lucy martiabo, an 18 year-old girl who was found raped and murdered next to her parents with her head almost severed by an axe.

“what do you want from me that i haven’t given to you yet?” my body was shivering with intense anger and frustration.
“hey beautiful…” he reached out to touch my face, and before he could accomplish that, i have his arm twisted and his body ’embraced’.

the 3 MIBs move towards us.
mikhail gave a signal of dismiss.

“easy tiger, i just want to talk.”

i cut him loose and pushed him away. he’s now 2 meters away from me. his sly face and dirty teeth is all i can see, and lucy’s angelic face is all i can feel.

“she’s still breathing as we talk.”
i paused – stunned. where could lucy be?
“your girl friend there, she’s an actress?”
“shut your mouth, and tell me where is lucy!”

i raised my voice, knowing i shouldn’t have.

“tell your friend i’m watching her. and oh, and you, too, kiddo.”

before i could say anything, he gave me the same cunning, bastard smile and turned way, walked off with his 3 dogs.

i stared, i froze, and i moved on.

“you’re back! let’s go. so did we have to pay for the crab cakes?”
“no….”
“ok let’s go. i’m late.”

another day, another twist. another irony. my best friend. i dread and fear the worst, but what’s a lawyer’s life without a little drama and secrets?