Reply To: Seven Kinds of Pre-Writing to Get Through Writer’s Block

Home Forums Writer’s Digest Forum Writers’ Block Party Seven Kinds of Pre-Writing to Get Through Writer’s Block Reply To: Seven Kinds of Pre-Writing to Get Through Writer’s Block

Rob Vargas

my experience is just as good as your opinions. and is backed up by actual experience of people who write for a living. also it is what my employers taught us to do, because it worked better. dont try to antifa me into being quiet.

Proof that you only read half of what I said.

Let’s try again, with emphasis:

I don’t see any need to tell a writer something is wrong (literally or figuratively) if that something works for them. Nor right if it doesn’t.

So far, you are the only writer here stating that one method or another does not work.

Doesn’t work for you? Fine. Fair point.

Doesn’t work universally? You have no evidence (much less proof) of that.

So let’s make this simple: You are free to express what you experience FOR YOURSELF. You are not free to dictate what others experience or will experience.

If a sculptor wishes to only use sandpaper, and never touch a chisel, that is his or her choice. If it works for him or her, you would be wrong to argue counter to that. As moderator in such a situation, I WILL shut you up. If, on the other hand, you state that would not work for you, that’s a fair reply.

Get it?