Reply To: Seven Kinds of Pre-Writing to Get Through Writer’s Block

Home Forums Writer’s Digest Forum Writers’ Block Party Seven Kinds of Pre-Writing to Get Through Writer’s Block Reply To: Seven Kinds of Pre-Writing to Get Through Writer’s Block

noobienieuw
Blocked

@rob vargas

my experience is just as good as your opinions. and is backed up by actual experience of people who write for a living. also it is what my employers taught us to do, because it worked better. dont try to antifa me into being quiet.

i did not say anything was wrong. merely noted the characteristics of the suggested approaches. ymmv. for me freewriting is a very poor approach.

freewriting, while popular, especially amongst amateurs, is mostly a humongous waste of time.
it is a poor subsitute for brainstorming and other creative methods.

and you will have a very hard time meeting deadline , with word count , on topic , with content aimed at the target audience, without planning.

WD does not teach freewriting. not that i have seen anyway.
look at their courses and help materials.
the WD party line sure looks like it is planning plotting and other supporting methods not pantsing or freewriting.

to be fair, WD does have some articles on pantsing but they do not push pantsing with their classes, seminars, books, or other materials.