[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Family History - Second book : Success Stories • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Family History - Second book

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
Oldtimer
Colonel

Family History - Second book

Postby Oldtimer » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:20 am

It's done! Finished! Proof proofed and order placed for 38 copies. I can't believe that I can now move onto something fictional. The two stories for Brit.Interplan.Soc spring to mind. Wow, such a relief. :)
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

ostarella
Lieutenant

Re: Family History - Second book

Postby ostarella » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:21 pm

Good for you!

RobTheThird
Private E-1

Postby RobTheThird » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:21 pm

You da man!

Err...

Woman...

You know what I mean. :D

Brien Sz
Sergeant Major

Postby Brien Sz » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:47 am

Congrats! It's always a great relief to put a project to bed and move on to the next one.

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:38 am

Congrats, Oldtimer. You've worked long and hard--how good it must feel to finally have this project behind you. I hope your family members appreciate all you've done, and will treasure the books and pass them down through the years.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:10 pm

Thank you for the compliments everyone but especially yours, updog. It's really great to get them. CreateSpace was super quick and the books are on their way to me, so my cousins should receive their copies by Christmas. I'll be leaving New Hampshire mid-December to spend the holidays in South Carolina, away from my computer. I don't know how to add Facebook to my new phone, so I won't know my cousins' reactions until January 6th after I go home, but I've already been told that they are looking forward to getting their books. (I can't use my daughter's computer. It's a Mac and I've only ever used Windows.)

During the break, I'll be learning about the life of termites. They figure in my next story. (On Mars, of course). :D
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:37 am

Congrats, that's awesome. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

Return to Success Stories