[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Anybody else dislike Facebook? : Take it Outside! • Page 6 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Anybody else dislike Facebook?

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
williamadams

Re: Anybody else dislike Facebook?

Postby williamadams » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:31 pm

Thomas6
Private E-2

Postby Thomas6 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:45 pm

As long as Facebook means the destruction of the global status quo, ending all nations, militaries and jobs, I have no qualms with Facebook.

furyzombie
Private E-1

Postby furyzombie » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:42 am

I'm with you, OP, on disliking Facebook. My father's family lives in Norway and that's the only reason that I keep it.

I've gone back and forth about deleting my account, but I've decided to keep it. It had become a source of annoyance for most of the reasons that people have explained here(politics, religion, etc.). I did a little research and found some ways to tweak settings to make it work better for me. I hid the people that annoyed me and I turned off the notifications on my phone. That was really stressing me out! Every time I was tagged in something my phone would alert me.

Sometimes I hate being connected to the world 24 hours a day, but other times I'm glad that I can access the information that I do with just a few keystrokes.

I definitely feel your pain!

Gertegan
Private E-1

Postby Gertegan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:36 pm

Yeah, Facebook is nothing more than an epic waste of time. I still have an account, a really boring account that is nothing more than me sharing memes and videos I think are funny because, honestly, it's no one else's business what I'm doing on a play by play basis. I have "friends" who post those "here's my breakfast!" "here's me getting in a car!" "Look, the highway!" type pictures and I just can't be that narcissistic. I read an article a while ago about how awesome Facebook was before smart phones. Because, before smart phones, you had to take a camera with you and actually go through the trouble of putting the images onto your computer in order to share them on Facebook, so people only shared stuff that was interesting, now it's a narcissistic celebration of duck lip selfies and "queen for a day" posts. Not to mention the number of people that are suffering "depression" and have to post about it ad nauseam for attention. Yeah, not a fan of what Facebook has become.

jackitaylor
Private First Class

Postby jackitaylor » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:02 pm

I am with you on the I-hate-facebook train. I keep it and use it frequently because I have family and friends scattered around the country. It's very nice to be able to see the family photos and get important updates quickly. But aside from that, it frequently either annoys me or depresses me. I can't stand the pictures of whats for breakfast. I mean, if you went to some exotic local and sampled something new, then that would be pretty interesting or if you just pulled off some fancy recipe then yeah, its okay to show that off. I'd be impressed. But by all that is holy, don't post a picture of your sloppily frosted cupcakes or your toasted cheese sandwich! Jeepers Creepers! And don't get me started on the vanity and facades, like, lady, I known you for 20 yrs, don't post an update about your moral high ground when I personally know how many times you've been busted shoplifting! Okay, rant over. Carry on.

mike m.
Master Sergeant

Postby mike m. » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:29 pm

[quote="williamadams"]hate FB

read the TOS

decided i did not need that aggravation and invasion of privacy

[quote="Fishgeek"]I some point I decided Facebook was not for me. The look at me I went to the grocery store today just doesn't cut it for me. So called friends posting disparaging things about whom I voted for president was the final straw. But the creepy thing is after terminating my account 3 times now, Facebook keeps reinstating it! It's kind of like the the line from the Eagles song Hotel California: "You can check out but you can never leave!"[/quote][/quote]

yellowducky
Private E-1

Postby yellowducky » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:22 am

Yes :?

Brien Sz
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Brien Sz » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:35 pm

If you self publish, FB is a fantastic tool. Advertising is cheap and very moldable to find your target audience. I think, besides the goofy politics, it's a great tool and fun to have interesting discussions.

manlock
Private E-1

Postby manlock » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:42 am

Brien Sz wrote:
> it's a great tool and fun to have interesting discussions.

I share your thoughts exactly.

Previous

Return to Take it Outside!