Where is everybody ?

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
deddmann_writing
Private E-2

Re: Where is everybody ?

Postby deddmann_writing » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:30 pm

[quote="T.A.Rodgers"]It's not spam stuck on the site. It's the php code. There are multiple errors in the admin control panel that the WD admins need to fix. I don't think they will fix since they are planning to replace. Hopefully only another month of pain.

Since Brian left I can not tell you what's going on. Brian's replacement, Jessica, has not reached out to me. I don't even know if they plan to have an outside person continue to admin for them.[/quote]
==========

Jessica said she was moving on in her final column but I did not see where she was replacing Brian for online content. I thought she was to write occasional articles for the print version.

I wonder how much is WD and how much is being driven by f+w executives.

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Postby Noizchild » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:50 pm

[quote="rob-lost"][quote="Noizchild"]I check in here every day and the web site's fixed. Yay![/quote]
Something's changed. It's loading a lot faster.
But BBCode (if not disabled) still causes issues with posting.

It's progress. But not fixed.[/quote]
But now we can log in without problems.
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:58 pm

Not for me.

Logged out of "rob-lost" on my work PC. Now I can't access the forums as rob-lost OR robjvargas on that PC. As you can see here, my original robjvargas works on one browser on one PC. As long as I don't log out, rob-lost still works on another browser/PC.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

deddmann_writing
Private E-2

Postby deddmann_writing » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:09 pm

[quote="robjvargas"]Not for me.

Logged out of "rob-lost" on my work PC. Now I can't access the forums as rob-lost OR robjvargas on that PC. As you can see here, my original robjvargas works on one browser on one PC. As long as I don't log out, rob-lost still works on another browser/PC.[/quote]
========

So you have at least two accounts? How many more do you have? Why have the duplicates at all ??

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:27 pm

[quote="deddmann_writing"][quote="robjvargas"]Not for me.

Logged out of "rob-lost" on my work PC. Now I can't access the forums as rob-lost OR robjvargas on that PC. As you can see here, my original robjvargas works on one browser on one PC. As long as I don't log out, rob-lost still works on another browser/PC.[/quote]
========

So you have at least two accounts? How many more do you have? Why have the duplicates at all ??[/quote]

Probably for the same reason I have two accounts - I can only log in with one. The other one is there, just not accessible.

Rosedarling
Sergeant First Class

Postby Rosedarling » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:32 pm

I have two accounts also but can't login with rosebud. Oh well. :|
Formerly known as rosebud
https://rosaliehovis.wordpress.com

T.A.Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby T.A.Rodgers » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:20 pm

I'm on my 5th account because the other 4 stopped working. The problem lies within the combination of PHP and Word Press coding. The code between the two does not like tracking the same account. Eventually, it will stop working. And once you log off of each computer or something on the computer causes the cookies to disappear you lose access. I only have admin access to the PHP side, so changing the password on one side seems not to fix the issue.

Hopefully the new forum will not be a php - Word Press combination.

deddmann_writing
Private E-2

Postby deddmann_writing » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:28 pm

Why would anybody mix wordpress with PHP? Is it possible to back up cookies and restore them when needed? I had speculated that WD had lost some files and had no backups to replace them from.

T.A.Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby T.A.Rodgers » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:36 pm

We wondered here too.

rob-lost
Corporal

Postby rob-lost » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:11 pm

[quote="deddmann_writing"][quote="robjvargas"]Not for me.

========

So you have at least two accounts? How many more do you have? Why have the duplicates at all ??[/quote]
Because I'm not a banned user attempting to trick WD into letting me in.

WD knows that the user ID system has problems. robjvargas still works on one instance. In those cases where robjvargas stopped working, I created and used rob-lost to login. WD knows this because I've explicit with them about this. Now it appears that if I logout of rob-lost, that ID, too, fails to authenticate.

So if any of us are not sockpuppets for banned accounts, WD permits this until such time as they fix their site.
Write for the love of writing? Try my Writers Writing forum
http://writerswriting.proboards.com

PreviousNext

Return to Writers' Block Party