Ten years ago...

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Oldtimer
Colonel

Ten years ago...

Postby Oldtimer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:23 pm

Ten years ago DostxBook suggested we give each other Christmas presents, the present being a short story. So The Holiday Story Exchange started and ran for about five years.

The original members of the HSE group were:
Dostxbook (Stephen); mcedave (David); donroger (Don); Britanee (who later changed her name to Stargirl); Hypnic Jerk (David);
Capitalist_Pig (Abellona); TraciG (Tracy); DebE (Deborah); kingac (John); Camper (Dan);
JohnOBX (John); Oldtimer (Dorothy - me); Pat Pechon (Patricia); Wildstrawberries (Heather); and Gooblink (Cindy).

Stephen (Dostxbook) and Cindy Gooblink did all the hard work and set up a special mailbox for the Exchange.

I wondered whether any of the writers who contributed to the HSE took their stories any further. Did any of you submit your stories to a magazine? I sent mine to an online competition. It was shortlisted, but didn't win.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Re: Ten years ago...

Postby Noizchild » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:52 pm

That sounds like a great idea.
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"