How's Your Writing Going?

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
T.A.Rodgers
Site Admin

Re: How's Your Writing Going?

Postby T.A.Rodgers » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:55 am

The "My Story" section is not used anymore. It was once a place for writing prompts. Would you like me to move it to the critique section?

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:54 pm

Why not? And, while you are at it, how about removing '90 years of WD'?
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Postby Noizchild » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:35 pm

I'll check on Word again.
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:59 pm

My writing has been put on hold unfortunately due to some health issues. Hopefully I can get it all together so I can get back to what I love doing 'write'. But for now I can at least read everyone else's post and maybe post once in awhile when I can. Hope everyone else is doing well. :)
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Postby Noizchild » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:02 pm

Get well soon, Roda Havet. As for me, I think I figured out why Word malfunctions when it tries to save.
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you

Lbeauchesne
Private First Class

Postby Lbeauchesne » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:32 pm

Currently arguing with MS Office as to why it refuses to run any of the bits I need for uni on my home laptop and PC, meaning numerous trips to the uni library to use the computers there which MS Office seems to like. I would utilise MS Office online, but that leads to procrastination...
Outside of that, just playing around with ideas.
Formerly known as MsMotty/Linzi82

Our goal in life is to overcome obstacles placed in our way without destroying them so that others may also share in our triumphs.

samotnik
Private E-1

Postby samotnik » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:15 pm

Since my first post here I had my debut novel published and a second is going to the book stores next month. I'm currently trying to develop another story, different from my previous two, but this time it seems that the words don't want to cooperate.
Meanwhile I got part of my first novel translated in English and tried to get an agent but to no avail. It lowers the moral to the point of asking if it really worth it.

deddmann_writing
Private E-2

Postby deddmann_writing » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:52 pm

Congratulations. If the words dont work for a new story then why not do another story like the ones where they did cooperate.
If the goal is money we would save time and angst just buying a lottery ticket. Otherwise do it because you want to and accept whatever results you get.
There are many agents. Keep trying. Or consider self publication. If you have good sales then it will be easier to find an agent or publisher for the translation.

rob-lost
Corporal

Postby rob-lost » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:14 pm

[quote="samotnik"]Since my first post here I had my debut novel published and a second is going to the book stores next month. I'm currently trying to develop another story, different from my previous two, but this time it seems that the words don't want to cooperate.
Meanwhile I got part of my first novel translated in English and tried to get an agent but to no avail. It lowers the moral to the point of asking if it really worth it.[/quote]
Part of the life of a writer is having a VERY thick skin. I think Harry Potter was rejected 24 times. If I recall correctly.

It's up to you whether this is "worth it." But every writer has had that moment of doubt.
Write for the love of writing? Try my Writers Writing forum
http://writerswriting.proboards.com

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Postby Noizchild » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:29 pm

It's going great on my end. I'm about to wrap up for the night.
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you

PreviousNext

Return to Writers' Block Party