How's Your Writing Going?

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Noizchild
Lieutenant

Re: How's Your Writing Going?

Postby Noizchild » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:25 pm

[quote="wdarcy"]I think I'm still on 2004 for the Mac. Never gave me any trouble.

--Warren[/quote]

I didn't have problems with Word when I was on my Dell laptop. When I switched to my Acer laptop, that's when the problems happened. I'm thinking about ditching Word, but I've used it for so long...
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

wdarcy
Major

Postby wdarcy » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:34 pm

Noizchild, you need a MacBook Pro. Then you can still use Word without any problems.

--Warren
"Wagner's 'Das Rheingold'" (Oxford 1993). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 1995.

"Elements of Sonata Theory" co-authored with James Hepokoski(Oxford 2006). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 2008.

sammy2
Private First Class

Postby sammy2 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:49 pm

[quote="wdarcy"]Noizchild, you need a MacBook Pro. Then you can still use Word without any problems.

--Warren[/quote]

Maybe. The problem is with word. The question is does the mac version work differently or does it have the same bugs they call features.

Harold Saxon
Private E-1

Postby Harold Saxon » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:34 am

Break a pencil.[/quote]

I have to say it. Made me laugh. Reminded me of the Red Rising series... Break the chains!

From slushpile to 7 figure option

sammy2
Private First Class

Postby sammy2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:31 am

[quote="Harold Saxon"]Break a pencil.[/quote]

I have to say it. Made me laugh. Reminded me of the Red Rising series... Break the chains!

From slushpile to 7 figure option[/quote]

It was what some writers used on another forum to be analogous to actors saying break a leg.

NickMaug
Private E-1

Postby NickMaug » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:43 am

Last edited by NickMaug on Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

NickMaug
Private E-1

Postby NickMaug » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:46 am

Last edited by NickMaug on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sammy2
Private First Class

Postby sammy2 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:54 am

[quote="NickMaug"]When I experienced a lull in my brain, I became complacent in my desire to grow as an individual. I sat alone for some time and dove into an oceanic-like depth of self reflection. I fought battles on my way down and up through what seemed like a thick seaweed of memories. Once I started writing, I truly had no desire to stop.

I wrote a book, titled "Stitched". The book is very good, naturally I would propose that since I wrote it. The feedback I received from some friends and family was overwhelmingly positive. Once I realized the statement I just presented, I wonder if it is any good at all. Not one person has read my book that I do not know. To nobody's fault but my own, I decided to save some money and self publish my book through Amazon KDP. Without the knowledge, and even with the resources of the world wide web, I lacked the know how to market my book. I am interested in getting genuine feedback from someone that reads my book and does not know me.

In truth, the book is quite good. Although portrayed as a love story, it is in fact a sports novel. A young man that grew up with his father, on a ranch, and played baseball. His struggle to understand his place in the world, and which path he should choose as he shuffles through life, offers a truly relate-able story. He does find love throughout the book, but it plays tricks on him as a young man, as it often does in teenage lives today.

So, if anyone would entertain the idea of reading a book that sounds like something you could either critique or offer as a lesson to someone you know, please take a gander. Thanks!

{Website deleted due to forum rules...T.A. Rodgers}

So you want us to BUY the book AND give you a critique too?

Be happy with your friends and family's feedback.

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:33 am

[quote="NickMaug"]When I experienced a lull in my brain, I became complacent in my desire to grow as an individual.[/quote]
You sure did. I notice that you just posted an advertisement in a forum that expressly forbids advertising posts.

That's business complacency for sure.

Actually, I call it unethical, but I can accept that complacency fits within unethical practices.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

NickMaug
Private E-1

Postby NickMaug » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:33 pm

sammy2, you can read the ebook for free, or perhaps a simple preview is available as in most cases with books.

robjvargas, it is unethical to post advertisement? I guess that would depend on the way each individual would define what is and what is not ethical.

I appreciate both of your comments, obviously I have some learning and research to do after my first post. I was unaware of the stringent perfection required to appeal to the audience on here. Thank you for your critiques and lack of recommendations on ways in which I can improve my posts.

PreviousNext

Return to Writers' Block Party