Greetings from Amatuer Screenwriter

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
rljon
Private E-1

Greetings from Amatuer Screenwriter

Postby rljon » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:38 am

Greetings everyone. My name is RJ. I’m looking to network with other writers, for someone who needs help with their scripts, people who would possible like to collaborate or swap scripts or even just read some of my scripts and give feedback. I’ve study screenwriting for a long time, since the early 2000’s. I’ve only finally decided to take it seriously and commit to making things happen the past two years. I’ve really found my voice and hit my stride, writing 15 scripts in various genres in that time period with others currently in progress.

A comedy script I wrote called Unfollow, satirizing Social Media, Hollywood and screenwriting was a Quarterfinalists in the Nicholl’s fellowship. Now I’m tightening up other features and pilots I’ve written, networking and looking to partner up to get more projects in my portfolio. I have several pilots and features. Mainly comedies but also some sc-fi, a few horror, an action feature and drama pilot inspired by True events. And am constantly working on new material. If anyone wants to swap scripts whether it’s features or TV pilots(half hour or hour) I’ve some of each, I’d gladly read anything you have in return of similar length.

rljon
Private E-1

Re: Greetings from Amatuer Screenwriter

Postby rljon » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:41 am

Does anyone know why I can't respond to other posts or make threads, only here in the introductions?

Carl Slate
Private E-1

Postby Carl Slate » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi RJ! Membership on the writer's digest discussion board has to be approved by an admin. Here's the thread about it:

http://www.writersdigest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=258643

Basically you are limited to one post per 24 hours and only in the introductions board. They seem to get a bit of spam here (including a couple just the last couple days) so they've set up this control mechanism to reduce it. I am awaiting the administrator's review of my introduction also, to become a member. I think it's only a matter of time before one of them gets around to catching up on the new member posts and sorts out who to make a full member and who to delete. I hope I get to see some of your screenwriting work! Good luck!

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:23 pm

[quote="rljon"]Does anyone know why I can't respond to other posts or make threads, only here in the introductions?[/quote]

I heard the approver just died.
Don't know if anyone at WD is going to appoint a new moderator to do approvals.

rljon
Private E-1

Postby rljon » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:32 am

[quote="Carl Slate"]Hi RJ! Membership on the writer's digest discussion board has to be approved by an admin. Here's the thread about it:

http://www.writersdigest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=258643

Basically you are limited to one post per 24 hours and only in the introductions board. They seem to get a bit of spam here (including a couple just the last couple days) so they've set up this control mechanism to reduce it. I am awaiting the administrator's review of my introduction also, to become a member. I think it's only a matter of time before one of them gets around to catching up on the new member posts and sorts out who to make a full member and who to delete. I hope I get to see some of your screenwriting work! Good luck![/quote]

Thanks for the reply. It seems like a chore to even log in sometimes. I understand being concerned with spam but it seems like the spammers kind of "won" if the reaction to it has caused difficulties for new members to contribute and caused less traffic, and has stifled potential conversations and connections on the site.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:55 am

Read the recent post by Brian Klems. There is hope for the future.
email him if you are not approved today and ask him to expedite it.

T.A.Rodgers
Site Admin

Postby T.A.Rodgers » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:24 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums. You can now post in other areas.

Return to Introductions