[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
real books are beating ebooks see the link : General Questions & Discussions • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

real books are beating ebooks see the link

plughmann
Sergeant

Re: real books are beating ebooks see the link

Postby plughmann » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:54 am

[quote="ostarella"][quote="MPhillip"]rob-lost - I want to thank you for ripping my personal opinions to shreds despite the fact that your unwanted and unkind comments did not address the original post. Well, no, I'm not really thanking you.[/quote]

Did I miss something somewhere?[/quote]

Maybe. Maybe not. I would surmise that Mphillip did not like the reply from rob-lost.

IMHO a bit of an overreaction but somewhat understandable.

Those replies were both mild compared to what I see on other fora.

In fact, they were mild compared to some others I have read here in the past.

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:03 pm

One can remain locked in one's "opinions," or one can accept that other information alters those opinions.

I'm pretty stubborn myself. I don't change opinion easily. But I don't take offense when others share an opinion differing from my own.

Something is true, or it is not. How one feels about that does not alter the truth of falsehood of a fact. And calling a fact an opinion does not make it so.

If MPhillip is offended that what he claimed is not wholly true, that is his right. But that does not mean that he is right.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:50 pm

[quote="robjvargas"]One can remain locked in one's "opinions," or one can accept that other information alters those opinions.

I'm pretty stubborn myself. I don't change opinion easily. But I don't take offense when others share an opinion differing from my own.

Something is true, or it is not. How one feels about that does not alter the truth of falsehood of a fact. And calling a fact an opinion does not make it so.

[b]If MPhillip is offended that what he claimed is not wholly true, that is his right. But that does not mean that he is right[/b].[/quote]

And yet, if MPhillip buys all his/her ebooks from Amazon, would s/he not be right? Wholly? S/He did say "I". *I* can't. S/He didn't say anything about whether *you* could.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:18 am

If you believe something impossible, and then are shown that it is not, why would that offend you?
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:39 am

[quote="robjvargas"]If you believe something impossible, and then are shown that it is not, why would that offend you?[/quote]

Some people are illogical and irrational. They are usually politically oriented and will never admit that their ideas actually failed because they believe they are true and that makes them true because they believe it and they are so much smarter (they believe) than the rest of us and should be telling all the rest of us what to do, think, and believe, as well as eat.

rob-lost
Corporal

Postby rob-lost » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:48 am

That's quite the meaningless run-on sentence there, william.

OK. We'll agree to disagree.
Write for the love of writing? Try my Writers Writing forum
http://writerswriting.proboards.com

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:54 am

[quote="rob-lost"]That's quite the meaningless run-on sentence there, william.

OK. We'll agree to disagree.[/quote]

??????????

Previous

Return to General Questions & Discussions