[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
2017 Writers' Lounge : Writers' Block Party • Page 33 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

2017 Writers' Lounge

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
wdarcy
Major

Re: 2017 Writers' Lounge

Postby wdarcy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi, Oldtimer. I joined March 10, 2008, so I am close behind you. I remember so well abqwriter, Elibet, James Ritchie, Karen Rankowitz, and many others. Those were the halcyon days of this forum, all right. I have learned so much over the past 9 years. Such a shame that WD no longer cares about us.

I do think Rob's new forum has a lot of potential, and I wish some of the other writers here would visit, become members, and post.

--Warren
"Wagner's 'Das Rheingold'" (Oxford 1993). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 1995.

"Elements of Sonata Theory" co-authored with James Hepokoski(Oxford 2006). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 2008.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:24 pm

I agree, Warren. And, of course, it's not an "either/or" situation. I'm happily posting on both. :D
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

wdarcy
Major

Postby wdarcy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:59 pm

I am too, Oldtimer. I like Rob's new forum a lot, but I continue to post here as well.

--Warren
"Wagner's 'Das Rheingold'" (Oxford 1993). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 1995.

"Elements of Sonata Theory" co-authored with James Hepokoski(Oxford 2006). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 2008.

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Postby Noizchild » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:59 pm

Don't you hate it when you go to look something up and then you forget what you were going to look up?
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

Rosedarling
Sergeant First Class

Postby Rosedarling » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Formerly known as rosebud
https://rosaliehovis.wordpress.com

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Postby Noizchild » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:41 pm

[quote="Rosedarling"]:lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

What's so funny?
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:10 pm

This is a sad, sad day. I have just read on my Facebook page that our loved, respected mod, PLS, passed away yesterday. He was such a good man and a real character, and he will be sorely missed.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:22 pm

[quote="Oldtimer"]This is a sad, sad day. I have just read on my Facebook page that our loved, respected mod, PLS, passed away yesterday. He was such a good man and a real character, and he will be sorely missed.[/quote]

I am sorry to hear that.
I knew he was sick. Did not realise his demise was so imminent.
So who is approving new posters now?
Or is this site going to go really quiet real soon now?

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:21 pm

[quote="Oldtimer"]This is a sad, sad day. I have just read on my Facebook page that our loved, respected mod, PLS, passed away yesterday. He was such a good man and a real character, and he will be sorely missed.[/quote]

There aren't words... :cry:

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:35 pm

So very sorry to hear this. Paul was my very first online writing mentor, and I considered him not only a magnificent teacher, but also a great friend. We wasted many an hour talking about our gardens too, which I know annoyed many on here. Met him once in person (we live an hour and a half from each other), and he was exactly the same as he presented himself on here. Lovely man. Patient teacher. Wonderful friend. I will never forget him.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

PreviousNext

Return to Writers' Block Party