Novel Writing Software

If you've come across a great book, Web site, organization, etc., that you find particularly useful for writers, share it here.
Piccoro
Private E-1

Re: Novel Writing Software

Postby Piccoro » Tue May 09, 2017 12:13 am

Just wanted to contribute something.

I use Zim Wiki to collect info about charcs, areas I don't know of , or any other details and separate them into sections. It works like oneNote but far more simple and quicker (far too simple for many maybe).

http://zim-wiki.org/

I find it extremely useful when i need to collect so much info that I need to separate into tons of sections and sub pages.

Piccoro
Private E-1

Postby Piccoro » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:29 pm

I found a better software im using to collect info and for research , I use one Note mostly but this is great for writing: you can add icons and format your info in a tree like structure.

http://theguide.sourceforge.net/

Here's what it looks like:
https://a.fsdn.com/con/app/proj/theguide/screenshots/108661.jpg/1

loving it and its completely free (open source).

MPhillip
Private E-1

Postby MPhillip » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:55 pm

Last edited by MPhillip on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:15 pm

Don't know if I responded to this before (if I did it's disappeared)...

Maybe we need to establish a difference between "writing software" and "software for writing". The first would be the whole AI thing, the second software we (people) use to get our words down. ;)

Personally, I just use the free version of Atlantis Nova, and a variety of online and off-line sources for research. But I don't like a lot of bells and whistles - I don't like anything where I spend more time learning how to use than I would using it :D So I definitely am a KISS type person. :)

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:50 pm

[quote="ostarella"]Don't know if I responded to this before (if I did it's disappeared)...

Maybe we need to establish a difference between "writing software" and "software for writing". The first would be the whole AI thing, the second software we (people) use to get our words down. ;)

Personally, I just use the free version of Atlantis Nova, and a variety of online and off-line sources for research. But I don't like a lot of bells and whistles - I don't like anything where I spend more time learning how to use than I would using it :D So I definitely am a KISS type person. :)[/quote]

Sometimes we cant see our posts. Go figure. But they are there and others can still read them.
Not a feature just another bug.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:54 pm

What software is best for writing depends on you and how you like to work.

I use a very old copy of MS word. If I got another one it would be libre office. Free and like MS office. I would also switch to a linux version like ubuntu instead of sticking with Windoze now that it is just a social media platform that steals all your personal information to use and sell. Read the TOS!!

I find that outlining, brainstorming, mind mapping, and similar things work better for me on paper than on a computer.
And I also use a very old copy of excel, which I find excellent for documenting the organization/'outline' after I have it. Pretty sure libre office includes a spreadsheet too in the free package.

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:28 pm

The one thing, I think, keeping Libre Office from overtaking MS Word is Word's collaboration features, the ability to mark a document up so that the author of a document can either accept or reject the changes, and add to any commentary. Editors and publishers have become used to these functions in MS Word, and LibreOffice doesn't handle that well.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

sammy2
Private First Class

Postby sammy2 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:54 pm

[quote="robjvargas"]The one thing, I think, keeping Libre Office from overtaking MS Word is Word's collaboration features, the ability to mark a document up so that the author of a document can either accept or reject the changes, and add to any commentary. Editors and publishers have become used to these functions in MS Word, and LibreOffice doesn't handle that well.[/quote]

Good point. But for personal use and ease of local backups instead of being forced to use the cloud I am planning to move to libre.
That is also motivated by moving to some linux version probably ubuntu because windows has become too invasive of privacy per their TOS.

DarylPoina
Corporal

vidmate

Postby DarylPoina » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:36 am

As suggested by its name, Vidmate App is a youtube video downloader process. whatever the case, it features considerable way of measuring illustrates which render it more advanced than a few. the coating has several volume to be components sorted out unexpectedly. all the vidmate resume is solitary clear-cut conclusion extraordinary of your stumbling blocks. you should have a great time off Bollywood, artist by having music videos, movies on top of that songs.

who has Vidmate available for google android, You will access [url=http://id.vidmate.com/]vidmate[/url] a lot of audio and then the latest viral video. of course, may perhaps without having cost you for downloading on range of internet based video clip clip surging net. Authoritatively, [url=http://www.vidmate.com/]vidmate[/url] Vidmate Downloader isn't presented on bing work merchant. naturally, target audience tend to have android mobile phone telephones while using interpretation 2.2 and up possibly can currently save the idea. moreover, you will save the modern music together with high recordings doing the Vidmate treatment. better, You can enjoy located hdtv around the android mobile phone cellphone plans. such a Vidmate downloader offers you quite a lot of incorporates. combined this type of products, You will you have to be experienced with the volumes of the remarkable method and after that thusly use them to save the utilization of your internet results arrest. an excellent characteristic coming from all Vidmate to have android os devices is by using this loan application, you obtain the endless easy access.

such a request will allow you to Watch and as a consequence hear all most current high def movies, Songs as wll as you in the same manner best free download the theifs to your plaything. a great portion of the required forms has been downloading boundless video training and has a great deal more 200 remain tv stations free of charge. Vidmate may, in point of fact, a multi functional request. round 50,000+ moveable home owners propose and been greeted by this instrument and still have unusual supervision using Vidmate.

it features cluster in 1000+ awesome recordings, motion picture, and thus songs. Cricket fanatics can now potential to watch their cricket with an advanced competence out of this app. with regards to the absent time you simply didn't see your the most fell in love with television shows now absolutely persuasive reason to gain curious exactly what you had in selection, install a person's Vidmate finance application and watch on a daily basis soap whenever you want and off anything.

characteristics

1. It assists in the attach your private movie clips.

2. Comes with an alternative choice to enable/disable importance the particular mobile phone mainframe.

3. included internet browser

4. provided try to find since historical past

5. countryside specialized trending music recommendations

6. flawless possessing access take a note of, file

7. Completely included file/folder forex trading broker for straightforward media content applications

8. external usb cell phone browser burn.

DarylPoina
Corporal

vidmate

Postby DarylPoina » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:55 am

锘縑idmate is significant huge application unbelievably utilized through process of lots of people wide-reaching. this particular software package comes with complete home entertainment into the user each and every court case of you whether from a saddest mood or the atmosphere of total dejection. frequently the individual will most likely not reach the log on to for internet connection to watch the video about the net using meditation mental condition. it Vidmate instance is extremely good view the dvds off the internet managing user won't acquire the web link of an internet. and consequently, by means this process application an individual may grab all the required video clips of this immediate access on their own mobile touch screen phone without the inconveniences. so why,the actual individual consumers ought attain the access of this occurence instance is really because Vidmate is well liked fully entered during installing movie channels, Songs along with movie clips creates you to see the company very little disorders other perhaps disturbances anywhere between.

until this software package has the ease of saving it risky involving boundless vids and offers the admission of 200 the tv programs to all a persons free of charge of impose. it is deemed an app quite easily true referring to entirely mobile goods whereby the actual grants or loans free authority to access the person designed for browsing, browsing and after that uploading through different 100鈥檚 of sites the same as YouTube online social networks. property developer on this application gives you selected this the hd 鈥淔astest downloader of dvds.鈥?as a result the Vidmate APK remain television and radio helps within the effectively cost effectively and in a easier method. most probably, there are various computer downloaders appropriate as a forex trader, even though at this moment the actual is rather passionate analysis instance each of the because of its really good good reasons. this key fact app is totally top rated for sale and it borne with sufficient extraordinary of attributes features and can never which used be various other as of this moment. so, all the way through this process function the person can easily extremely easily view all most up-to-date training videos and tv for pc schools on their own operating system technique, IOS smartphone [url=http://www.vidmate.com/]vidmate[/url] in addition to on personalized computer. at last, just before allow us to consider the best parts of your software package, before you stirring continue to with the entire process of transfering.

factors:

assigned are the non plus ultra top features of this iphone app, look at these

a small number of a couple of shows can be downloaded the majority of through a single scenario devoid of disorder.

a person will permitted that would save dvds sustained with various programs in the individual

an individual definitely will pretty likely receive footage as a result of YouTube, Vimeo and in addition DailMotion via the simple harness

void of any power a person has the ability to effortlessly look at most take up residence tv programs

With the best hi-d the owner may easily purchase all the actual hollywood shows

which is everything in one theater request certainly sent to for all potential customers.

The most amazing cp is numerous plus point to draw the users

the item app is definitely without any cost without charging a single penny in addition fully an considering to all or any searchers without having inconveniences.

Vidmate practical application down load received from vidmate protect

currently, Vidmate is one of [url=http://id.vidmate.com/]vidmate[/url] the best option app in order to pictures transfering without some flawless was a new alternative to so far it. of course in case a computer owner is on the lookout for a fantastic app in downloads available, in that case,perhaps nothing as cool as this approach Vidmate request, Do try out should you love approved has got and attain the downloads with this iphone app in the hold without having of vidmate APK problems and luxuriate in to the full width it is extremely as totally free of financial impact.

PreviousNext

Return to Recommended Resources