Ready to be a part of the Writer's Digest Community

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

Tatzme
Private E-1

Ready to be a part of the Writer's Digest Community

Postby Tatzme » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:06 pm

Hello everyone,
I was always a little obsessed with literature, reading, and writing. I'm just starting out, and look for a little support in this forum. Well, actually, there is a little more to say than "I'm just starting out": Since I remember I have always had ideas for stories and written short stage plays and short stories. In the winter of 2010 or 2011, I stumbled across the first idea I would consider good. Even though I was still of the very young age of about 10 and didn't know anything about writing a good story, I just started. Like most of you would have probably expected, I failed - I never got even remotely close to finishing the book. I somehow gave up on writing a little and started again when I was around 13 years old. Due to the fact that this was at a rather harsh time of my life - a former loved one had left my life, and I moved to a place I didn't like very much - I got haunted by nightmares quite a lot. Writing them down helped me to forget them and to calm myself down. Some days after the worst nightmare, I re-read what I wrote and came to the conclusion that it could make an amazing book. Naturally, I started wiritng again and still to this day, I'm not even close to finishing, but I've learnt a lot on my journey so far: For example that planning out what you want to write seems to be a lot more important than I initially thought.
Now, at the age of 16 I would love to have literature as a part of my future job and to write some books on my own. Having ideas is very easy for me but writing everything down in a manner that catches one's attention is the tricky part.
My favourite genre to read and to write is fantasy, but I won't hesitate to add a little bit of horror, romance, sci-fi, or whatever to improve my story.
I'm looking forward to being an active user of the Writer's Digest forum, to learning a lot here and also to passing on my knowledge.
Thanks a lot for reading the entire thing, it turned out to be a lot longer than I thought in the beginning.
Have a great day,
Jade (:

Tatzme
Private E-1

Re: Ready to be a part of the Writer's Digest Community

Postby Tatzme » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:35 pm

Erhm... To be honest, I don't really know how to give myself access to the other topics. I thought after introducing myself, I'd automatically have access to them, but now I don't feel like that's the case. Could anyone help me on this?
Thank you a lot in advance.
Greetings, Jade (:

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:51 pm

[quote="Tatzme"]Erhm... To be honest, I don't really know how to give myself access to the other topics. I thought after introducing myself, I'd automatically have access to them, but now I don't feel like that's the case. Could anyone help me on this?
Greetings, Jade (:[/quote]

pls certifies new people to stop spammers from messing up other forums.
Usually every day.

He is MIA , possibly do to an ailment he has, recently.
Hopefully he will change the status on the noobs soon.

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:26 pm

[quote="plughmann"][quote="Tatzme"]Erhm... To be honest, I don't really know how to give myself access to the other topics. I thought after introducing myself, I'd automatically have access to them, but now I don't feel like that's the case. Could anyone help me on this?
Greetings, Jade (:[/quote]

pls certifies new people to stop spammers from messing up other forums.
Usually every day.

He is MIA , possibly do to an ailment he has, recently.
Hopefully he will change the status on the noobs soon.[/quote]

Well somebody showed up and did it. Your name turned blue meaning you are approved now. So join in the discussions.

Tatzme
Private E-1

Postby Tatzme » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:16 am

Oh thank you :)

plughmann
Sergeant

Postby plughmann » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:42 am

[quote="Tatzme"]Oh thank you :)[/quote]

Your name is now in blue meaning you are approved,
so jump in and join the discussions.