New here

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

Miss Watson
Private E-1

New here

Postby Miss Watson » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:11 pm

Hello!
I'm new in this forum! I always wanted to write a book, but I figured out how much I still have to learn when tried to start and had my first blockage! LOL
I found out a couple of blogs with incredible tips that makes all the difference in the writing (if someone it's interest in some, let me know).
My favorite authors are J.K.Rowling, Dan Brown, James Patterson, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Elizabeth Gilbert. And yours?

wdarcy
Major

Re: New here

Postby wdarcy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:57 pm

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is one of my all-time favorite authors. I began reading Sherlock Holmes in grade school and never stopped. I still read some SH every night before bed (not kidding!). Other favorite authors are Robert Louis Stevenson and, more contemporary, Steven James, Ian rankin, David Hewson, Stephen King, F. Paul Wilson, and Preston and Childs.

--Warren
"Wagner's 'Das Rheingold'" (Oxford 1993). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 1995.

"Elements of Sonata Theory" co-authored with James Hepokoski(Oxford 2006). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 2008.

Miss Watson
Private E-1

Postby Miss Watson » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:49 am

Hi!
One of my first contact with foreign literature (I'm not a native speaker of English) it was Sherlock Holmes, and ... What a book!
I always loved policial genre, and indeed Sherlock Holmes it's one of the best in this genre.
I didn't know some of the authors you mentioned (except Robert Louis Stevenson), I must give a chance to them.

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:50 pm

My favorite authors are "Golden Age" Science Fiction and Fantasy authors. WIth some horror mixed in.

Edgar Allen Poe. HP Lovecraft. HG Wells. EE "Doc" Smith. Ray Bradbury. Jerry Pournelle (who died recently, sadly). Andre Norton. Arthur C. Clarke. And some modern cyberpunk, especially William Gibson. So many authors I could name as well.

Oh... almost forgot... Welcome!
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

Return to Introductions