New to forum

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
untamedamerican
Private E-1

New to forum

Postby untamedamerican » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:26 am

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I've been looking for places that I can post my writings and thoughts so people can give me feedback. I haven't had much luck with feedback though. I can't grow as a writer if I can't receive proper critique.

Where would I go to post my writings at? This site confuses me a bit so I want to make sure it gets in the proper place for better viewings and possibly more critique.

rob-lost
Corporal

Re: New to forum

Postby rob-lost » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:34 am

I hope you don't mind a piece of advice.

I'm not sure what you've experienced, but I visit a few other forums and started up one myself when the UBB went south here. In that time, I've many writers make the same common mistake:

They forget that they're joining a community.

Many other writers have a passion for their craft, and they enjoy talking about it, sharing their expertise, and learning from other writers. But their time is just as valuable as yours. I think new writers to a forum sometimes forget that other writers may have different expectations. Even fears, to some extent.

So interact. Look around at active discussions. Take part. Share your experience, your opinions. You may not be an expert, but that doesn't mean that people don't what to hear what you have to say.

Plus, it lets the other writers get to know you.

Don't be the writer that joins only for what he or she can get from such a community. Give back.
Write for the love of writing? Try my Writers Writing forum
http://writerswriting.proboards.com

Return to Introductions