[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
2017 Writers' Lounge : Writers' Block Party • Page 31 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

2017 Writers' Lounge

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
updog
General of the Army

Re: 2017 Writers' Lounge

Postby updog » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:49 pm

[quote="Oldtimer"]I've got a very old song bugging me. Can't get it out of my head. There are lots of verses but I only know the chorus. It goes:
But the cat came back, the very next day
The cat came back, they thought he was a goner,
But the cat came back. Just wouldn't stay away.[/quote]

I know that song, Oldtimer, and now it'll be stuck in my head too. Thanks a lot! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjMffHG1V_Q
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Postby Noizchild » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:21 pm

I know that feeling sometimes, Oldtimer.
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:45 am

Hopefully I'll be able to come on the forums more in the near future. :mrgreen:
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Postby Noizchild » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:05 pm

I'm done with work for the night. Now, I'm just working on a draft that I'm posting tomorrow.
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you

jackitaylor
Private First Class

Postby jackitaylor » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:16 am

updog, LOL now "the cat came back" will be stuck in my head! That's a slight improvement over what had been stuck in my head the past few days. I spent an afternoon with my grandson, and episodes of a kid's show "Super Why" played back to back on netflix, all day! The show teaches and promotes reading literacy, all these songs kept playing in my head over and over the past 2 days, LOL if I wasn't literate before, I should be now!

wdarcy
Major

Postby wdarcy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:48 am

Talking about songs stuck in one's head, I've got one stuck in mine, and it's driving me crazy. Anyone here know "Easy Street"?

The reason: I've been re-watching the last season of The Walking Dead on DVD. In one episode Daryl (a good guy) falls into the hands of the villains, and they try to break him. They lock him in a dark cell, feed him sandwiches made with dog meat, and play "Easy Street" over and over and over--really blast it through a speaker. Man, that sort of torture would break down anyone. By the end of the episode the song must have played at least 7 times. Now I can't get it out of my head.

--Warren
"Wagner's 'Das Rheingold'" (Oxford 1993). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 1995.

"Elements of Sonata Theory" co-authored with James Hepokoski(Oxford 2006). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 2008.

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Postby Noizchild » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:45 pm

One draft down, one more to go.
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:11 am

[quote="wdarcy"]Talking about songs stuck in one's head, I've got one stuck in mine, and it's driving me crazy. Anyone here know "Easy Street"?

The reason: I've been re-watching the last season of The Walking Dead on DVD. In one episode Daryl (a good guy) falls into the hands of the villains, and they try to break him. They lock him in a dark cell, feed him sandwiches made with dog meat, and play "Easy Street" over and over and over--really blast it through a speaker. Man, that sort of torture would break down anyone. By the end of the episode the song must have played at least 7 times. Now I can't get it out of my head.

--Warren[/quote]

I don't like The Walking Dead series at all, but I like Easy Street. I'll hum along with you for a while. :)
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

wdarcy
Major

Postby wdarcy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:16 am

[quote="Oldtimer"][quote="wdarcy"]Talking about songs stuck in one's head, I've got one stuck in mine, and it's driving me crazy. Anyone here know "Easy Street"?

--Warren[/quote]

I don't like The Walking Dead series at all, but I like Easy Street. I'll hum along with you for a while. :)[/quote]

We're on Easy Street,
And it feels so sweet,
And the world is such a treat
When you're on Easy Street.

Take it, Oldtimer! :D
"Wagner's 'Das Rheingold'" (Oxford 1993). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 1995.

"Elements of Sonata Theory" co-authored with James Hepokoski(Oxford 2006). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 2008.

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:17 am

[quote="jackitaylor"]updog, LOL now "the cat came back" will be stuck in my head! That's a slight improvement over what had been stuck in my head the past few days. I spent an afternoon with my grandson, and episodes of a kid's show "Super Why" played back to back on netflix, all day! The show teaches and promotes reading literacy, all these songs kept playing in my head over and over the past 2 days, LOL if I wasn't literate before, I should be now![/quote]

Ah, Super Why. I, too, know that show from watching it with my grandsons. What a coincidence. :)
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

PreviousNext

Return to Writers' Block Party