Hello from 3rd Act Hell

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
Freya
Private E-1

Hello from 3rd Act Hell

Postby Freya » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:56 pm

I am working on my WIP and wasting time because my brain is balking at how to tie up all the threads I've created in my first novel. I know I can (and will) do it, but in the meantime, I am distracting myself with this forum.

For the first time, I am allowing myself to consider things like query letters, beta readers and publishing. Up to this point, it has purely been a matter of writing. Word after word after word...because until I produced something cohesive, there was no point wasting time on administrative worries. Oops. :?

Ah well, Writer's Digest blog posts and advice columns have helped me immensely with this project, so this seemed the ideal place for me to begin my foray into not only becoming a writer, but also becoming (drum roll please) an author.

Any help is greatly appreciated. My skin is thickening, but it is still awfully thin. I will do my best to be a helpful and honest contributor to this forum and to help all of you realize your goals as well.

mike m.
Master Sergeant

Re: Hello from 3rd Act Hell

Postby mike m. » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:04 pm

ask specific questions

WM will answer most of the business questions for selling your novel

would it have been easier if you had planned all those details before you started writing?
like when it was just 3x5 cards with scenes that could be shuffled around quickly and easily
easier to spot holes at a glance and ensure the whole story flowed like dominoes falling

Return to Introductions