New Here!

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

rainjays
Private E-1

New Here!

Postby rainjays » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:39 pm

Hi,

I have a habit of butchering introductions of all sorts, but a little birdie said we need to introduce ourselves to get posting rights, so here I am:

I'm a young adult writing young adult fiction and fantasy, but I don't write that much anymore. I'm trying to find my little way back into the writing world I used to hold so dear in my heart years ago when I was younger, had some questions I wanted to ask a writing community and found this forum. Being in a transition from a teenager to an adult has made writing a little more difficult, as though I'm viewing my storylines and characters in two different minds and worldviews at once, and it's very strange and confusing sometimes. It's going to take some work re-developing my voice, but I'm up to the task.

So hello, world. It's nice to meet you and nice to be here!

PS: Is there a way to use italics and stuff in posting? I only realized after a good twenty minutes I was getting a PhP error and that's why I couldn't post... I used some italics and it decided the site didn't support it! It just kept telling me I "used too few characters" and so I kept trying to readjust the word count/spacing... Woops, I guess.

PPS: I can't even reply to other's comments on my thread... is this also normal?
Last edited by rainjays on Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mike m.
Master Sergeant

Re: New Here!

Postby mike m. » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:23 pm

the bbs software here does not work with italics and special formatting

turn off bbc code and you can post without that error

ostarella
Lieutenant

Re: New Here!

Postby ostarella » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:55 pm

[quote="rainjays"]
PS: Is there a way to use italics and stuff in posting? I only realized after a good twenty minutes I was getting a PhP error and that's why I couldn't post... I used some italics and it decided the site didn't support it! It just kept telling me I "used too few characters" and so I kept trying to readjust the word count/spacing... Woops, I guess.

PPS: I can't even reply to other's comments on my thread... is this also normal?[/quote]

Once you're approved for membership you'll be able to respond/comment/post. It's to keep spammers from entering (which they try frequently). Also, if you then go to your User Control Panel, Board Preferences, Edit Posting Defaults, and then click "no" on "Enable BBCode by default" - that will solve a lot of posting problems. :)

Return to Introductions