[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
What's been going on around here? : Writers' Block Party • Page 19 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

What's been going on around here?

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dreaming Imrryr
Sergeant First Class

Re: What's been going on around here?

Postby Dreaming Imrryr » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Teh worst event has been teh departure of James A. Ritchie.

updog
General of the Army

Postby updog » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:37 pm

[quote="Dreaming Imrryr"]Teh worst event has been teh departure of James A. Ritchie.[/quote]

I agree. I've thought of him often during this planner vs pantser nonsense. For those who don't remember, he was a pantser all the way.
"Is it weird in here, or is it just me?" ~ Steven Wright

Noizchild
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Noizchild » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:01 pm

[quote="Dreaming Imrryr"]Teh worst event has been teh departure of James A. Ritchie.[/quote]

What? He's gone?
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:11 pm

He's been MIA for a long time and no one seems to know what happened. Hopefully he's okay.
Formerly shadowwalker
http://www.writersdigest.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26159

http://writerswriting.proboards.com/forum

mike m.
Master Sergeant

Postby mike m. » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:08 pm

[quote="ostarella"][quote="mike m."]
come back after you have been paid to be published like i have
real money from WD to washpost and dozens of other national publications[/quote]

You have not been paid to publish any fiction. You are no more an expert on fiction than someone who has written nothing.[/quote]
====

you are the gift that keeps on giving

you have not been paid to do anything fiction or non fiction
so it is ludicrous that you think you have such a great process to write
and use what you have not done to say that i am wrong

i read your stuff on your website
and it is at best mediocre and at worst poor
but you will claim that you have not edited it yet and that is the reason
while failing to grok the fact that it is easier to see the road and plot your path
when you are looking down from a satellite instead of being on the road in a car assuming there is even a road at all

mike m.
Master Sergeant

Postby mike m. » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:10 pm

[quote="T.A.Rodgers"]Robert Dugoni and Steven James are great instructors and teach at Master CraftFest almost every year they are there at ThrillerFest. Plus they both hold writers retreats and teach at several other conferences. David Morrell is co-founder of ITW and the ThrillerFest conference and he also teaches at the conference and all over the country. He is a former college professor and a great motivational speaker. Lee Child, awesome British accent and all, always fills the classroom when he speaks because he's sold over 60 million novels. I've have personally heard several others on that list speak about the craft in various forms. All highly sought after speakers.[/quote]
========

is there a summary of what they teach like is used to sell a class or seminar ?

do they give any clues as to how they can teach pantsing ?

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:47 pm

[quote="mike m."]
while failing to grok the fact that it is easier to see the road and plot your path
when you are looking down from a satellite instead of being on the road in a car assuming there is even a road at all[/quote]

I can guarantee you didn't read everything or even most of what I've published on my website. And, since once again you didn't bother reading what I posted, everything on the website is COMPLETE. DONE.

You don't read fiction, you don't write fiction, you obviously don't know how give any sort of critique - and you think anyone here is going to listen to, let alone heed your misinformed advice?

It's just more and more bull hockey, piling in while you keep digging the hole deeper and deeper.
Formerly shadowwalker

mike m.
Master Sergeant

Postby mike m. » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:01 pm

when you are looking down from a satellite instead of being on the road in a car assuming there is even a road at all[/quote]

I can guarantee you didn't read everything or even most of what I've published on my website. And, since once again you didn't bother reading what I posted, everything on the website is COMPLETE. DONE.

You don't read fiction, you don't write fiction, you obviously don't know how give any sort of critique - and you think anyone here is going to listen to, let alone heed your misinformed advice?

It's just more and more bull hockey, piling in while you keep digging the hole deeper and deeper.[/quote]
=========

you really are something else

and there you go lying again
i do read fiction
but not crapola by wannabees

your website says WIP and even states you are still working on items

you need to learn the first rule of holes
when you are in one stop digging
you are so far down i can barely see you from the rim

you confuse critique criticism and editing
and i can do all of them quite well if i choose to do it at all

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:55 pm

[quote="mike m."]

i do read fiction

and i can do all of them quite well if i choose to do it at all[/quote]

You said in another thread you rarely read fiction. So which is it? There are 2 WIPs on the website - one is not even a story, the other is the one I used an outline for. As for critiques, I pay attention to them. Criticisms - your forte - I ignore because they're just some dude spouting off. Editing - I've done that for myself and others for well over a decade. So yeah, I know what they are, I know how to do them well enough to have worked on stories for published authors.

But anyhow, continue with the insults. Someday, you might get good at them. I'll even see if I can find a book on it for you.
Formerly shadowwalker

mike m.
Master Sergeant

Postby mike m. » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:56 am

i do read fiction

and i can do all of them quite well if i choose to do it at all[/quote]

You said in another thread you rarely read fiction. So which is it? There are 2 WIPs on the website - one is not even a story, the other is the one I used an outline for. As for critiques, I pay attention to them. Criticisms - your forte - I ignore because they're just some dude spouting off. Editing - I've done that for myself and others for well over a decade. So yeah, I know what they are, I know how to do them well enough to have worked on stories for published authors.

But anyhow, continue with the insults. Someday, you might get good at them. I'll even see if I can find a book on it for you.[/quote]
=======

you really do have a problem with logic

you said i did not read fiction
i said i read some fiction
some is not none

as usual you will quibble when you are shown to be wrong
and will say i dont read enough fiction to be qualified or somesuch

if you know how to edit why dont you edit your work and make it better
still the fact is you have never been published except on a website
and you have never been paid for your work

PreviousNext

Return to Writers' Block Party