James and Terry

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Brien Sz
Sergeant Major

James and Terry

Postby Brien Sz » Tue May 16, 2017 5:04 am

Whatever happened to James and Terry? They were two of the more prolific posters we had here for a long time. Terry moderated and was very involved in Thrillerfest but haven't seen him in quite a while. The same goes for James. I know he was older and not in great health but he almost always put in his two cents into a post and it has been quite some time since we've read any of what he had to offer. Hope they are well. Hope they are still with us...
Last edited by Brien Sz on Tue May 16, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Re: James and Terry

Postby Oldtimer » Tue May 16, 2017 8:08 am

I've been in touch with Terry on Facebook. He is still very much committed to Thrillerfest. Says this year's will be the best one ever. He does intend to come back to the Forum, if it will let him. He's had four tries so far.

Don't know how James is progressing, however. Has anyone checked on his blog?
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Mon May 22, 2017 6:12 pm

Yes, Terry is quite active on Facebook. James, however, has not posted here since the end of December and has not responded to an e-mail I sent him a month ago.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Dreaming Imrryr
Sergeant First Class

Postby Dreaming Imrryr » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:30 pm

Teh departure of James A. Ritchie is a great loss for teh forum.

James is very knowledgeable about all aspects of writing and publishing, from teh creative aspects to teh legal aspects and much more.

James was also a very prolific poster and anytime a new member asked a question, James usually provided an appropriate answer.

If I remember correctly James had a medical condition and wanted to go on hiking trip before he would be unable to.

I hope he's okay.

But we have T.A. Rodgers back which is nice.

P.S.

I always liked teh way James would use "teh" instead of "the", quite comedic at times. :)

I always wondered if he did it on purpose. :?:

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:44 pm

I've googled James several times and have seen nothing ontoward. It's puzzling, and I do miss him - even those times we wrangled a bit ;) He certainly kept everyone on their toes.
Formerly shadowwalker
http://www.writersdigest.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26159

http://writerswriting.proboards.com/forum

mike m.
Master Sergeant

Postby mike m. » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:41 pm

[quote="Dreaming Imrryr"]Teh departure of James A. Ritchie is a great loss for teh forum.

James is very knowledgeable about all aspects of writing and publishing, from teh creative aspects to teh legal aspects and much more.

James was also a very prolific poster and anytime a new member asked a question, James usually provided an appropriate answer.

If I remember correctly James had a medical condition and wanted to go on hiking trip before he would be unable to.

I hope he's okay.

But we have T.A. Rodgers back which is nice.

P.S.

I always liked teh way James would use "teh" instead of "the", quite comedic at times. :)

I always wondered if he did it on purpose. :?:[/quote]
========

that was a name from the past !

teh is a typical typo when you type fast and get the spelled wrong
it is left right left finger motion
and somehow the right gets delayed as the brain is sending signals to both hands
and the second left sneaks in ahead of the right

Return to Writers' Block Party