[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
A Kindle : Recommended Resources • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

A Kindle

If you've come across a great book, Web site, organization, etc., that you find particularly useful for writers, share it here.
yellowducky
Private E-1

A Kindle

Postby yellowducky » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:19 am

A Kindle.Whats it like to buy one of those,is it worth it or what do you think please post.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Re: A Kindle

Postby Oldtimer » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:30 pm

My family gave me a Kindle Fire for Christmas five years ago. I believe it was that long ago. Never had any trouble with it and I buy lots of freebies and discounted books from various sources.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:30 pm

Deleted - double post.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:44 pm

[quote="yellowducky"]A Kindle.Whats it like to buy one of those,is it worth it or what do you think please post.[/quote]
========

buy a real samsung tablet
download readers for kindle nook pdf etc

it will be useful for many things
not just an ordering tool for amazon or b&n

my amazon fire only reads books well and the weather ap is so so , the browser quirky,
it tries to do other things but nothing well, and nothing really useful works right
these ereaders are mainly devices to sell you stuff more ways with their ordering aps and ads

Dreaming Imrryr
Master Sergeant

Postby Dreaming Imrryr » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:30 pm

[quote="williamadams]

buy a real samsung tablet
download readers for kindle nook pdf etc

it will be useful for many things
not just an ordering tool for amazon or b&n

my amazon fire only reads books well and the weather ap is so so , the browser quirky,
it tries to do other things but nothing well, and nothing really useful works right
these ereaders are mainly devices to sell you stuff more ways with their ordering aps and ads

[/quote]

That's good info about Samsung tablets compared to Amazon ereaders. :)

mike m.
Master Sergeant

Postby mike m. » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:55 am

[quote="yellowducky"]A Kindle.Whats it like to buy one of those,is it worth it or what do you think please post.[/quote]
===

its an amazon fanatics gadget
not worth it at all

i have a kindle
i have a nook
i have a real tablet

by far the best is a real samsung tablet

you can add anything that fire or nook has to a real tablet
and you lose all the annoyances that are built in the devices meant to tie you to a seller

mike m.
Master Sergeant

Postby mike m. » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:56 am

how does this old message keep coming up as new

the forum search is really messed up

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:46 am

It's not that old, and people add comments so that's why it comes up again. Happens in all forums. So nothing is messed up.

mike m.
Master Sergeant

Postby mike m. » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:51 pm

[quote="ostarella"]It's not that old, and people add comments so that's why it comes up again. Happens in all forums. So nothing is messed up.[/quote]
===

except that the last comment had been mine
and it was days ago

a new post i did make never showed up as new at all

the forum software is clearly broken

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:20 pm

[quote="mike m."][quote="ostarella"]It's not that old, and people add comments so that's why it comes up again. Happens in all forums. So nothing is messed up.[/quote]
===

except that the last comment had been mine
and it was days ago[/quote]

The post before yours came on the 14th and was from someone else. And a post asking for info/opinions on something that people are buying now and in the future can have long if sporadic lifetime.

In other words, no, it's not broken in this context, and nothing to get your underwear in a bundle about.

Next

Return to Recommended Resources