Introduction, and question

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

andydouglass
Private E-1

Introduction, and question

Postby andydouglass » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:53 pm

Hello, I assure the mods I am not a spam bot.

I joined because I realized that a lot of the punctuation and grammar questions I have when I am writing are almost impossible to answer by internet searching. Search engines are great, but for some things there is no substitute for a human.

I have come to a point in a story where two people are have landed on a dock and come to a sign advising them that the area is closed. I have tried a few different ways to address them coming to the sign and having the reader see what the sign says, but none of them feel right to me. For purpose of discussion, let's say that Jon and Jane Doe moor their boat and walk down the dock to the shore, where a signs says "Area Closed. Trespassing Prohibited By Law."

Any suggestions? If it is inappropriate to ask the question here, just ignore it and I will repost the question in the right spot once I am approved.

mike m.
Master Sergeant

Re: Introduction, and question

Postby mike m. » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:19 pm

Not sure what the real question is.
Signs don't use formal grammar.

Do post it in the regular discussions.

The sign should say:
Trespassers will be shot on sight.

rob-lost
Corporal

Re: Introduction, and question

Postby rob-lost » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:51 pm

You started with punctuation and grammar, but your question doesn't seem to be either. Were they meant to be related? The question and the reason for joining?

Oh, welcome to the forum, too.
Write for the love of writing? Try my Writers Writing forum
http://writerswriting.proboards.com

Return to Introductions