[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
How do you handle NEGATIVE REVIEWS of your book? : Tips and Advice • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

How do you handle NEGATIVE REVIEWS of your book?

Here's the place to share a writing or marketing tip you've used successfully and want to pass along.
robjvargas
Captain

Re: How do you handle NEGATIVE REVIEWS of your book?

Postby robjvargas » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:11 pm

@mikeboy_esq:

Let
It
Go.

Outliers happen. Whather the person has a vendetta against you, or is an Internet troll, or has some mental illness, the end result is the same.

The review is either valid, and people will see that, or it's not, and people will see that, too.

Fretting about this, or about defenses of it, won't change whether it's there, or what it says.

So, again:

Let
It
Go.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:17 pm

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:20 pm

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:31 pm

mikeyboy_esq
Private E-2

Postby mikeyboy_esq » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:27 pm

LOL Well, I think we all know who Systems Thinker is now.
Mikeyboy_esq
proud author of:
1) Engaging College Students: A Fun and Edgy Guide for Professors
2) 14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book
http://www.engagingcollegestudents.com

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:43 pm

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:44 pm

mikey boy

are you a millenial ?

you are way too self absorbed and feel really good about yourself
just like they teach kids in school now

noob
Private E-1

Postby noob » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:31 pm

[quote="mikeyboy_esq"]Received my first 1-star book review this weekend. Not gonna lie, it stung a little. My first reaction was to think that maybe I'm not a good writer after all and I should just hang it up. But then I reminded myself that I can't make everyone like me or my work. That is not realistic. That is not life. I teach (part-time) at a local community college and learned long ago that there will usually be 1 person in class who just doesn't get you no matter how hard you try to do a good job. Likewise, there will usually be 1 person who thinks you are the greatest thing since sliced bread even if you didn't do your best that semester. So I try to ignore those outliers and pay attention to the 90% in the middle. If that group is happy with my performance, then I can live with that. Back to my 1-star review... this is the first negative review of probably 40 or 50 reviews I've received from various people on various websites. 90% of my reviews so far have been 4-stars and 5-stars. So looking at the big picture, I will try to focus on those 90% or more happy customers rather than the 1 person who didn't enjoy my book.

How do you handle negative reviews?[/quote]
=======

i cant find it
no 1 stars on amazon now

how did you get them to remove it ?

Previous

Return to Tips and Advice