forum down ?

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Noizchild
Lieutenant

Re: forum down ?

Postby Noizchild » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:53 pm

I have resorted to staying logged in here.
You ask me what I thought about
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you
I didn't have anything to think about.

-- From "The Love Poems of Marichiko"

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:21 pm

The only way I can stay logged in here is to login to my wordpress account. Otherwise, as soon as I close the window, I get logged out. As long as I stay logged in to wordpress, I'm good to go (something must be hinky there because several other sites wouldn't let me stay logged in until I did that either, and it was never a problem before).

wdarcy
Major

Postby wdarcy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:02 pm

I always stay logged in, always have. I assumed everyone else did, too, as long as they were using a private computer. Why go to the bother of logging out, then logging in again the next time?

Fortunately I haven't had the problems Shadowwalker mentioned. Yet. Knock on wood!

--Warren
"Wagner's 'Das Rheingold'" (Oxford 1993). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 1995.

"Elements of Sonata Theory" co-authored with James Hepokoski(Oxford 2006). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 2008.

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:38 pm

Yeah, normally I have certain sites (including this one) where I don't log out even when I leave - definitely saves time, esp with so many using captcha :roll: The only time I actually log out is when I do my pc maintenance stuff. That's why it was so frustrating to get logged out and not know if/when I'd be able to get back in again. I think pls mentioned wordpress at some point a few months ago, but DUH, I didn't think of it right away, of course. I don't know why they impact so many other sites, or their connection to this site, but at this point, if it works, I'll do it.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:51 pm

I had trouble getting in the day before yesterday, even though I hadn't logged out. I signed in again, using the same password, but later received an e-mail from WordPress confirming that I had changed my password!
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:01 pm

[quote="Oldtimer"]I had trouble getting in the day before yesterday, even though I hadn't logged out. I signed in again, using the same password, but later received an e-mail from WordPress confirming that I had changed my password![/quote]

You'd better check into that. If you didn't change it, someone may have hacked into it.

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Postby Noizchild » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:38 pm

I just checked the box to keep me logged in.
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:33 am

[quote="Noizchild"]I just checked the box to keep me logged in.[/quote]

Yeah, normally that would work but I kept checking it and still getting logged out. That's why I tried wordpress and now it works. :?

Noizchild
Lieutenant

Postby Noizchild » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:23 am

[quote="ostarella"][quote="Noizchild"]I just checked the box to keep me logged in.[/quote]

Yeah, normally that would work but I kept checking it and still getting logged out. That's why I tried wordpress and now it works. :?[/quote]

The only problem I face is that I erase my history every week.
Before we were lovers.
The answer is easy.
Before I met you

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:10 am

Yeah, I clear out everything every few days so then I have to start all over again signing in to everything. I have thought about using that "master password" thing but I'm too paranoid (one password, one place protecting it - um, no...).

PreviousNext

Return to Writers' Block Party