Rejections

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Oldtimer
Colonel

Rejections

Postby Oldtimer » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:14 am

Since the forum software was changed, there have been few compliments offered to fwmedia.com. I have been just as frustrated as you by log-in problems, etc., and I don't think they deserve any bouquets, but I would like to offer them a single bloom (say, a Shasta daisy) for the kind rejection that I received following my submission to the 5-Minute Memoir feature, sent to them on May 6th. (Reply received 23rd June) Here is what they said:

[i]Dear Dorothy,

Thanks for taking the time to send us your query, and please pardon the delay in our reply. Because of the amount of magazines and other materials we produce, we often have a bit of a lag in our response, but we assure you it's so we can give each and every idea its due attention.
Unfortunately, this particular pitch does not meet our present publication needs. We do thank you again for thinking of us - and, of course, for your patience. Best of luck with all your future writing endeavors!
Sincerely,
The Writer's Digest editorial team.[/i]

Although disappointed by the rejection, it was the most courteous, friendly "No" that I've received in a long time. :)
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Re: Rejections

Postby Oldtimer » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:21 am

I am surprised that none of the 68 people who viewed my opening post were able to agree with me. Surely F+M deserve at least one 'like'.

BTW - how do you spell the past tense of 'agree'? Does it have two 'e's, or three?
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

ostarella
Lieutenant

Re: Rejections

Postby ostarella » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:30 am

Oops. Yes, it was a "nice" rejection - especially so since most rejections don't even merit notification.

And it's "agreed". ;)

Return to Writers' Block Party