Cybernara: Good title?

Here's the place to share a writing or marketing tip you've used successfully and want to pass along.
sjones009
Private E-1

Re: Cybernara: Good title?

Postby sjones009 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:48 pm

Okokokokok
Ive planned the first 2 acts and its coming together fine. I added suspense. Martin is a former assassin who's contract with the US has ended. His memory was partially wiped so he can enjoy a normal life. But after being head wounded in a gunfight a long time ago, Martin's soon due to lose all his memory. Martin feels he must avenge his boyfriend and find his mind-data before Martin forgets everything.
Now I want Memory in the title. or "Immortal"

LOL this is probably harder than actually writing the story.

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:12 pm

the title is easier after you finish the story
often it jumps out at you and smacks you in the face

sjones009
Private E-1

Postby sjones009 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:55 pm

I know every event that happens, i haven't written the script though. I came up wit the Lazarus Vendetta but its been taken. Robert Ludlum published it post mortem in 2000-something. If I can make it sound similar to the Lazarus Vendetta I can call it a night. I want the exact words Lazarus and Vendetta. Maybe some filler words and/or rearrangement of words. If that doesnt work, its back to the drafting-board

sjones009
Private E-1

Postby sjones009 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:59 pm

Maybe another mythical person who also died and came back to life other than Lazarus. Like Osirus, the Egyptian god who the Christians stole the myth form. Either that or the Paris Vendetta, since martin's boyfriend was murdered in paris

sjones009
Private E-1

Postby sjones009 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:14 pm

FAAAAWKK this is hard lol i wanna cry. Oh well Im sticking with The Lazarus Vendetta or some derivative of that. If the Ludlum Estate wants to sue idgaf! Thanks yall!

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:04 pm

[quote="sjones009"]I know every event that happens, i haven't written the script though. I came up wit the Lazarus Vendetta but its been taken. Robert Ludlum published it post mortem in 2000-something. If I can make it sound similar to the Lazarus Vendetta I can call it a night. I want the exact words Lazarus and Vendetta. Maybe some filler words and/or rearrangement of words. If that doesnt work, its back to the drafting-board[/quote]
================
you cant copyright titles
if he didnt trademark it then it is fair game

Previous

Return to Tips and Advice