[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Plot help : Writers' Block Party • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Plot help

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jackitaylor
Private First Class

Plot help

Postby jackitaylor » Fri May 19, 2017 7:26 am

I am going to try to be general here. I don't want to reveal too much of my plot elements. I think I found a good twist on a over done theme and some interesting story elements. thats about as good as i can hope for.

I like to make life difficult for my characters. I think that makes a good tale.
I did too good of a job, and i painted them into a corner. haha without too much detail:

I have two teenagers on the run. they have cash, so thats not an obstacle. but they are hiding and running from two factions. ok, they can't go anywhere in town, since people are looking for them, they've already had a few close calls and are scared to go anywhere, including hiding out in a motel, they almost got caught that time. and they can't leave town, due to plot elements. haha. so what can two teenagers do in that situation to kill a few hours? where could they go in town that they might think is pretty safe. its middle of winter and freezing out so they must go indoors somewhere. i really got them stuck here haha.

Something will happen in a few hours, for them, that will lead to the big finish. they just need to wait a few hours. Im thinking the public library, pretty safe, thugs aren't likely to look there, but they will get caught there anyway, at least one of them will, does this sound too made up and like I am forcing my plot to move? or anybody have another idea? anything would help! Much appreciated.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Re: Plot help

Postby Oldtimer » Fri May 19, 2017 10:10 am

Send them back to their old school. They know the layout and where good hidey-holes are.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Fri May 19, 2017 10:43 am

jackitaylor
Private First Class

Postby jackitaylor » Fri May 19, 2017 6:11 pm

Return to Writers' Block Party