[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Your Last Line - 1/5 : Writing Prompts and Challenges • Page 26 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Your Last Line - 1/5

The editors of Writer's Digest provide a weekly Writing Prompt to get your writing going.
xxMusical_Mime
Private E-1

Re: Your Last Line - 1/5

Postby xxMusical_Mime » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:59 am

He could not believe all that he was hearing. But in some twisted way, Michael knew that it was the only thing that made sense in this world. Arching his neck from where he hid, he could now clearly see the witnesses to the address - almost all of the citizens of the kingdom, gathered, grim-faced, scarred, yet very much determined to help the cause in every way they could. By the light of the torches, he saw in front of the masses the drawn, tired face of Jeb Campbell, black eyes burning with the fire of vengeance 10 years overdue. The leader of the Revolution raised his sword and spoke four words - clear, concise, but foreboding:

"We attack at dawn."

Iamthewriter
Private E-1

Re: Your Last Line - You have no idea...

Postby Iamthewriter » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:55 am

You have no idea... See, we think of life as our destiny , to live everyday to it’s fullest. And yet, there is so much more going on. We are covered in all directions by sides or choices. Think about it, Right/Wrong, Good/Bad, Up/Down, In/Out, Left/Right, Backwards/Forwards, Life/Death… Our coin here always seems to have only two sides to it. Even our sciences comes down to yes or no, our math boils down to either 0 or 1. But as they say, there’s always another option. The coin also rolls, it has another side.
My name is found below, and know it or not, we are all in a prison of afflictions… I, with much thought in the use of knowledge, have followed the human train of thought to an even deeper meaning. True, I’m not sure if my insights are correct, but somehow, I think we have all been trapped here. We’re all are trying… in a way, to find something. Most would call this ‘power’, but those who have held power say it’s something that can not be named… but it’s there. The end all and be all of this planet. And always, we KNOW there’s more out there… we just can’t grasp it. We are only a leaf floating on the river, we strive to stay afloat and seek clam areas. But there is a war going on all around us. I’m not talking about a gun and bomb war, I’m talking about an elemental war. The same one that rages throughout the cosmos. Most of our human brains could never understand a fraction of the gears turning every millisecond. Random chances, impossibilities, the odds/ Change in perpetual motion.
Oh Yes, I have grabbed deep. These thoughts I have are taught to most as to ‘do not follow, less you be deemed mentally unbalanced or worse, crazy’. The hardest label to carry, is the word ‘insane’. We hold on to our boundaries , so much that it seems to corral all patterns into a one way track. You’d think these proper thoughts are leading you to a better way, though, truly… they lead you from the truth. No. I am not speaking from a demonist view, honestly, I am not possessed nor am I playing a god role. My brain has been locked into this ‘war’ for many years...It’s the great war that has plagued our existence since we first we’re placed on this planet. No, I’m not talking about us ‘humans’… I’m talking about ‘LIFE’ it’s self. What do we really know about LIFE. ?
Where do you know (besides earth) does anything ‘think’… anywhere? From the smallest one celled organism to the largest mass of life on this planet, we all ‘think’, it’s tied to life. No. Sure, we’re ‘still’ one day hoping that there’s another ‘thinking’, or an intelligent living life form or world out there. It’s true, we’re looking everyday, as if it were one of the strongest pulls of our meaningless lives. Is there got to be a reason to us being alive. The question is always so easily stated, ARE WE ALONE. And that answer is also NO.
As I first stated, you have no idea. In this trial of letters I’ll be bringing these strings of words down roads most of you won’t want to travel. And sure enough, I will soon be going into things that are considered TABOO to even speak of, most of these I have found a trail to follow and I did so and are now reporting on my transition about them, back from that realm. So, I’ll not be offended if you close off these avenues and paths and go back to your life. These ‘thoughts’ pouring out are not lightly placed here, they are being thrown at you, like a rock yielding an anger. But, I ask, do not shield yourself from them. Catch them, examine them, explore them, see if they hold a lose value to you’re thoughts of the things you to think.
If we are all about ready to go on. Step aboard these strung together words and follow. However, I might want to give you a few stepping stones of the way this will lead. Nothing I have to write here is to glorify any entity, being, lord, demon or alien. Nor is it being written down to denounce any entity, being, lord, demon or alien. So, in a meaning, I will speak from within that fine line between crazy and insanity. And as I told you, you have a right to STOP at any point. But if you choose to follow, understand, this goes way past the common understanding of religion, life and the meaning of such things.. Like I said, there’s a huge war going on, and we humans are the only ones able to defer the true picture. Unfortunately, just to let you know, we are all in a prison cell together. To prove this, just going back to that one basic intellectual thought trying to make sense of why we’re here and how got here. So, are you ready? Okay then, ‘here we go’…
Magic. This is a jump into an unknown. Not the ‘slight of hand’ stuff, I mean ‘real magic’… Was there ever really anything like magic? Well, yes. It not only ‘was’ real, it still is real (it’s not magic that has been removed, it is we who have been removed from the realm we call magic.). All humans have a ‘paranormal’ link to what we call life. But an eternal life, ie: Where the air stops and the water begins. Where the water ends and the earth begins. Where the earth ends and the fire begins. We always seem to look outward but rarely look inward. But all, in a moment of reflection, we seek that realm, in small degrees. I mean, eighty-five out of a hundred seem to know there is something to it (what that is, we haven’t a clue). Is it our minds playing tricks on us, or did we actually see something move on it’s own, did we see a spectral out of the corner of our eye. What about the feeling that something just touch us, or watched objects move on there own. Humans feel it when there not alone but are. Or when there’s danger around us when none is present at the moment. No, these things are not magic, but there are a very small stepping pebble to it. Why is our sensitivity to these things heightened to the point we believe they are all about us and real? Then, how come we’ll never be able to fully connect to it? WHY? It’s because we have ‘life’. Then Magic is only a death thing? No, again. Look, think of yourself as a coin facing a mirror. YOU or the side of the coin facing straight at the mirror, will you never see the other side of you, can you be the other side? You know the other side is there. (No matter how slowly you turn it)? No. But, there are some of us that have a ‘concave’ mirror to look through, and these people can actually glimpse of the other side. It comes in the form that they can actually sense, feel, see, or be lead to understand there is something else on the other side. And is there ‘something else out there’? YES, but I’ll tell you know… don’t stick you head up to look about. Because, like I said, we’re but pawns of a great war… to be found out, you’re on the side that will land face down. One side of the coin ‘life’ the other side ‘death’. So are ghosts real? Are they but a derailment of those that refuse to leave this life? (I will touch on that through out this piece, but you’re going to be mystified.) Okay, so what is REAL MAGIC and why can’t we use it?
Real magic stopped ‘here’ when the one side of the coin wanted to be the other side of the same coin. Through a nifty way, at some point, seems ‘knowledge’ was traded for it. I refer to it as the Adam and Eve toss. As two things can’t occupy the same space and time, it became a trade off. In it, the death used life’s innocence to coerce the trade off. Why and what happened?
[I will be using ‘religious metaphors’ to connect the dots, though I would prefer not too.]
Well, an angry angel who wanted to be the king of kings, as he though he well understood the whole map of god’s wisdom. He knew how god had used true magic to create harmony across a blank cosmos and it was at the sight, in the boredom of this, that the angry angel got his first thought of how to claim all for himself. In defiance of the boredom, the angry angel cast this ‘magic’ at god, hoping to abolish him and rule all. But god had already seen that this would take place as he had the full knowledge of all and how to control it. In a simple though, he deflected the great magic from abolishing himself.
{We now call that ‘the big bang theory’}.
Ever watch a 4th of July rocket explode? Always seeming to expand? (recall somewhere that a hundred million years is but a blink of god’s eye). Of this, God got displeased with the angel, created a planet out of the aftermath. A planet that would hold but small traces of magic to it, enough to keep the angry angle bonded to it. Because of this, in a rebellious tone, the angry angel began to speak in only terms of death. This displeased god as well. So enraged was the angry angel, he screamed at god, his words so vile, they had set all the planets throughout to spin. God, having seen this rotation of all the planets, decided to give the surface of the prison… ‘life’. It was too scold the angel the folly of his own existence. This made the angry angel dark and foreboding. The planet held the magic that could free the dark angel, except that it would require knowledge to free itself. The angry demon again cried foul, and he had the right. In a fairness, god placed a tree that would produce KNOWLEDGE in the form of a fruit on the planet, warning that it was never to be touched. This would be the prison’s lock. {We heard what happened when the devil temped eve, innocence was lost when the angry angel traded the key [magic] for Knowledge[lock]. Eve, in learning of magic from the dark angel was told to use it to get Adam into biting of the forbidden fruit. God was angry at this and as with innocence, Real Magic was removed from the prison. Only shame and knowledge remains here.
{End of religious metaphors}
Now the believe in ghosts, spirits, after life entities. Many are taught that we will be hell bound for believing any of this. [Hey, I can’t tell you what to believe in, nor if your wrong or right about it.] Some say there’s true proof , and to them, there is. Yet there are also a lot of disbelievers that believe in no such thing. Some say you should not for it’s but a trap. Is it? We again seek the knowledge of it or lack of knowledge of it. An open mind would state {I would rather believe it could be and not find it, rather than to never seeking the truth of such and have it be something that I should have sought to understand. Think about this, will ever drop of rain in it’s wholeness, find it’s way to the ocean? As ice or steam is but another form of water, it is not the drop in it’s wholeness and of that… NO in it’s wholeness, it will not find it’s way to the ocean. Only those that drop into the ocean contain that wholeness. Life coverts to death, and just what happens in between? Science states that all life is energy in a vessel. And just where does this energy go when the vessel breaks down. What is this energy, is this our ‘spirit’? Are we somehow connected to all life, everywhere. And how do ‘ghosts’ fit into all of this.
Does energy tie it all together

They{the scientists} all pretty much agree that all ‘life’ is a basic electrical vessel, lack of life the vessel is void of energy. They also agree that ‘each’ life force is contained within a band width of electrical current. I.E. : blood cells (one wave length) , cancerous cell (one wave length). Ah, but what about ‘brain cells’… [thought you had me] brain cells work on the same wave length as all other good human parts. Bad human parts {like cancer} work on a completely different wave length. That is why our immune system doesn’t attack them, it doesn’t recognize ‘how’ to fight it. Then there are some that believe that moderation of unnatural things won’t harm you. Trust me, radiation in the lowest form is bad for you. “oh but it kills cancer cells!” …Yeah, but it also kills your immune system. True, the cancer goes into ‘remission’, but so does your immune system. And, the vessel becomes a breeding ground for all the easiest of viral organisms. Life rebounds quickly, and as cancer is also a life form of it’s own, it fights extra hard to survive. It is a given, that if a cancer is attacked, it will excel on a rebound. But isn’t funny how the small viral (almost simplest of nature) swoop in and terminate life before cancer get’s the credit? Life and death are so entwined we can’t even recognize the path they both travel together.
From time to time I will advance this piece
The above is Piece # 1

Stay tuned for more babbling ramblings from
Iamthewriter

And we go round and round…

JustSailing09
Private E-2

Postby JustSailing09 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:04 pm

cosivantutte
Private First Class

Postby cosivantutte » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:10 am

I kept my finger on the spray bottle's trigger as I searched the house room by room. If Sir Peter appeared, he was going to get a face full of garlic water. Then, wouldn't he be the sorry one.

One room left. I entered the kitchen and searched it as thoroughly as I could. He wasn't there. He wasn't there!

I sat down at the table in a state of pleased shock. My life was finally my own. I could go wherever I wanted and do everything I'd only dreamed of doing. He couldn't stop me anymore. I was no longer Sir Peter's minion.

"I'm free." I loved the sound of those two words put together. I'm and free.

I climbed up on the table, raised my fists in the air, and shouted those two beautiful words. "I'm free!" Something crackled under my foot.

It was a piece of red stationery paper with black borders.

I jumped off the table and backed away from it. I refused to look at that paper. I refused to even touch it. I pointed my spray bottle at it, but I didn't pull the trigger. Curiosity, that cursed cat killer, got me good.

I inched over to the table. What was on that paper? Was it his last will and testament? An old shopping list? Or could it be...

"Dear minion,

Now that you've had your bit of celebration, please buy me a carton of Cardova tea. We're all out again. I'm just not that happy without it. Be back by noon. Or else.

Sincerely,

Sir Peter Vanere"

I shook my head in disbelief. "It can't be. He's gone. It's an old note. He's gone!"

The words "You wish" appeared on the note.

I fired several rounds of garlic water at the note. "Die! Die! Diiiie!"

CreativeHeart75
Private E-1

Postby CreativeHeart75 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:18 am

At long last though, they would have peace. They would never be whole again, who would after what they had been through. They had survived the worst and would have each other to get them through. That is all that would matter.

Previous

Return to Writing Prompts and Challenges