[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
To Be Mortal And Immortal : Poetic Asides • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

To Be Mortal And Immortal

Network with other poets, including fans of Robert Lee Brewer's Poetic Asides blog.
roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:13 pm

Just thought I would see how others would respond to this poem before making a final decision to put it in my book. Any type of feedback is welcome negative or positive.

We are born mortal into this world,
Living our lives to the fullest.
And somewhat doing as we may.
Seeing things for what we may.
Trying to leave a mark on earth.
Yet, when we die we’re not all remembered.
Though being immortal we would live forever.
Walking the lands for eternity.
Seeing things in a different light.
Living on knowing you may never die.
Doing as you wish at anytime.
Last edited by roda havet on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

roshedwardd
Private E-1

Re: To Be Mortal And Immoral

Postby roshedwardd » Thu May 14, 2015 3:24 am

"earthly love has power to make
Men's being mortal, immortal"

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Fri May 15, 2015 6:59 am

May I ask where that quote came from? I like that wish I could have thought of something like it for my poem.
[color=#00BF00]Dream to live, live to dream, and write to love, love to write![/color]

CreativeHeart75
Private E-1

Postby CreativeHeart75 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:38 pm

This was very nice. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing it. I hope you put it into your book. It would be a good choice in my opinion. :)

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:09 am

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:52 pm

It looks as if you left a 't' out of your title, Roda. I expected something a little more risqué. :mrgreen:
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

roda havet
Captain

Postby roda havet » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:03 am

Return to Poetic Asides