[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Educational Content & Humor advice? : Tips and Advice • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Educational Content & Humor advice?

Here's the place to share a writing or marketing tip you've used successfully and want to pass along.
bluenotes
Private E-1

Educational Content & Humor advice?

Postby bluenotes » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:38 am

I'm writing a few educational articles containing a few guides on how to do this or that for college students. I'm a bout to finish them and pitch them to universities to post them on their resource pages. Since my articles are long & boring but very useful by the way, should I throw in a few jokes or be entertaining? Does anyone know what do universities look for in such articles?

For example : 10 study tips for final exams.. etc. An example of an article.

williamadams

Re: Educational Content & Humor advice?

Postby williamadams » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:09 am

mikeyboy_esq
Private E-2

Postby mikeyboy_esq » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:31 pm

Mikeyboy_esq
proud author of:
1) Engaging College Students: A Fun and Edgy Guide for Professors
2) 14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book
http://www.engagingcollegestudents.com

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:32 am

bluenotes
Private E-1

Postby bluenotes » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:41 am

thanks both for your advice I have to be extra careful, I know I can't say anything against education/professors, etc, but i wanted to say a few things about how as students see college in general...classes, homework, finals, plagiarizing, tuition...hehe...you know.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:55 pm

bluenotes, you're going to have to take future political and non-writing comments to the "Take It Outside" forum. Please review the rules before you write.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Return to Tips and Advice