[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pantsing : Writers' Block Party • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Pantsing

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
pls
Site Admin

Re: Pantsing

Postby pls » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:12 am

And as I stated elsewhere, pantsing works for some, planning for others, a combination of methods for still others. That being said, let's move on.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Alice Clay
Private E-2

Postby Alice Clay » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:49 pm

So williamadams jogged my memory of of all the texts I wrote for my National Guard unit. Standard Operating Procedures, Threat Analysis of our location, Shop Manuals, Op Orders. Nothing that I will ever get credit for but passed the requirements of the Adjutant General and National Guard Bureau. Of course I had to have a strict outline to meet the military requirements. Of course I had to place arse on crooked chair and compose within these requirements. That's what I was being paid to do. But with Weekend Warriors I want to be surprised. I have a bare bones outline and I know how it ends but in between I want to see what my characters do.I tried a template once and when I was done I was done with the book. Felt I already wrote it. I have a small notebook with stuff only I would understand. When arse gets planted I have something to say. But nobody is paying me and there is no deadline and I have 7 library books to read and the cats are hungry and the kitchen floor is horribly dirty and....

Alice Clay
Private E-2

Postby Alice Clay » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:54 pm

Sorry pls. I didn't realize as a moderator you can say "enough is enough" and close out the subject. I learned something from every reply.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:28 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:41 pm

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:03 am

Formerly shadowwalker
http://www.writersdigest.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26159

http://writerswriting.proboards.com/forum

cynicalwanderer
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby cynicalwanderer » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:27 am

"I've stopped giving advice. Even when people ask for it, they resent getting it." -Ross Macdonald.

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:32 am

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:42 am

The only book about writing worth having/reading is a high school grammar book. Anything else typically falls into one of two categories (sometimes both): A) Various writers giving their opinions or telling what worked for them; B) people wanting to sell how-to books. If you really want to learn about writing, read what you want to write and then write. Rinse and repeat. Over and over and over.

JMO, of course ;)
Formerly shadowwalker
http://www.writersdigest.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26159

http://writerswriting.proboards.com/forum

cynicalwanderer
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby cynicalwanderer » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:31 am

"I've stopped giving advice. Even when people ask for it, they resent getting it." -Ross Macdonald.

PreviousNext

Return to Writers' Block Party