[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Anyone want to help me with an idea? : Writers' Block Party • Page 6 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Anyone want to help me with an idea?

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ostarella
Lieutenant

Re: Anyone want to help me with an idea?

Postby ostarella » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:34 am

Formerly shadowwalker
http://www.writersdigest.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26159

http://writerswriting.proboards.com/forum

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:43 am

Lbeauchesne
Private First Class

Postby Lbeauchesne » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:46 am

Formerly known as MsMotty/Linzi82

Our goal in life is to overcome obstacles placed in our way without destroying them so that others may also share in our triumphs.

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:54 am

I can write a report on how I write. The person next to me who also discovery writes can write a report on how they do it and it will be different. So how does that prove anything? Writers who plan do it differently from each other. I know planners who wouldn't dream of using 3x5 cards. So how does detailing what we each do prove anything? And as I've noted, we've done that in other discussions.

If you're asking for proof that pantsing works - well, where's your proof that planning works? We can sit here and list individuals who were successful and chose to explain their process and it wouldn't prove anything because it's not a valid survey of writers. It would amount to cherry-picking to pseudo-prove our opinions.
Formerly shadowwalker
http://www.writersdigest.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26159

http://writerswriting.proboards.com/forum

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:09 am

Different methods work for different writers; sometimes a mixture of both works. There - let's move on now.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

cynicalwanderer
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby cynicalwanderer » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:41 pm

I'm on holiday and not about to weigh in on my phone, so I'll just summarise my view on this topic succinctly: don't feed the troll.
"I've stopped giving advice. Even when people ask for it, they resent getting it." -Ross Macdonald.

Usernametwopointo
Private E-1

Postby Usernametwopointo » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:25 pm

Hey guys thanks for all the help :) I've decided to put this idea on hold for the time being

Previous

Return to Writers' Block Party