[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Anyone want to help me with an idea? : Writers' Block Party • Page 5 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Anyone want to help me with an idea?

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ostarella
Lieutenant

Re: Anyone want to help me with an idea?

Postby ostarella » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:13 pm

Have you got any actual facts to back up your claim that only writers who plan are successful? Statistics that show how many successful authors plan and how many don't? Not just "I know Author A and Author B plan extensively and they're successful!". I mean a real live survey with real numbers and done in a scientific manner. Because it's well and good to keep spouting off your opinions as if they were facts, but until you can back it up, it's just hot air.

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:38 pm

Alice Clay
Private E-2

Postby Alice Clay » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:42 pm

Consensus is we don't seem to have enough information to help you. Have you always wanted to be a writer? Have you ever finished a writing project? Is this something you just want to try your hand at? Do you want to see if you can get a magic 6-figure advance if you only knew what you were doing? Is writing on your bucket list or are you determined to be a writer and it's time to stop lollygagging around? Is your trash can filled with fits and starts? I said this before in another post, but you can't critique an idea. We can't tell you if you have a story in your idea. Of course you do. It's all in the execution and it's harder than you would ever think.

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:24 am

Lbeauchesne
Private First Class

Postby Lbeauchesne » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:52 am

Formerly known as MsMotty/Linzi82

Our goal in life is to overcome obstacles placed in our way without destroying them so that others may also share in our triumphs.

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:03 am

Lbeauchesne
Private First Class

Postby Lbeauchesne » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:29 am

Our goal in life is to overcome obstacles placed in our way without destroying them so that others may also share in our triumphs.

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:05 am

Lbeauchesne
Private First Class

Postby Lbeauchesne » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:24 am

PreviousNext

Return to Writers' Block Party