[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Anyone want to help me with an idea? : Writers' Block Party • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Anyone want to help me with an idea?

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Usernametwopointo
Private E-1

Anyone want to help me with an idea?

Postby Usernametwopointo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:34 pm

I have an idea in my head but I'm struggling to make it into a plot

williamadams

Re: Anyone want to help me with an idea?

Postby williamadams » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:03 pm

i would suggest you google for templates
or go to the library and read one of those many how to write a novel in 30 days type books

what exactly is your struggle
starting to fill in the starting point of 3 acts with scenes
or something else

Usernametwopointo
Private E-1

Postby Usernametwopointo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:14 pm

Basically I have an idea in my head but it's a bit complicated and unlinear and like so many things I can do with I'm just getting a bit confused or something and struggling to piece it altogether

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:38 pm

Brien Sz
Sergeant Major

Postby Brien Sz » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:00 pm

Pick up a pencil or pen OR turn on the computer, create a new document and start typing or writing. It's only when you do that will the chords of confusion begin to untangle. It sounds like you are suffering from paralysis by analysis.

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:17 pm

Usernametwopointo
Private E-1

Postby Usernametwopointo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:24 pm

Should I post my idea? I think there's just parts of it i need to figure out

Brien Sz
Sergeant Major

Postby Brien Sz » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:09 pm

It's your idea. If it's that complicated then how do you expect to communicate it to us in any meaningful way that we can help? If you can explain it to us then maybe it isn't as complicated as you are making it. Write. Just write. If it's that complicated now, imagine how complicated it would be to the reader. Take it from someone who's been down this road, you are the only one that will be able to drive this thing out of the woods.

Usernametwopointo
Private E-1

Postby Usernametwopointo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:23 pm

I've figured it out a bit more, just needed to talk it through with something. Still some more to figure out though

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:42 pm

Next

Return to Writers' Block Party