[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Looking for a fellow high fantasy writing friend : Goal Posts • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Looking for a fellow high fantasy writing friend

Join fellow writers here for encouragement and accountability. Look for a writing buddy in your genre or work with someone to set and reach your writing goals.
RedAngel
Private E-1

Looking for a fellow high fantasy writing friend

Postby RedAngel » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:50 pm

Hello!

I am writing high fantasy fiction and would love to find another who writes fantasy or high fantasy involving magic/medieval writing to kick ideas around and help critique or hold each other accountable. It's a lonely thing writing and it would be better with a friend or friends! :)

In case you would like to see a sample here is something I recently posted on these boards so you have an idea.

I have cultures, customs, religions, bestiary, mythology, histories, ability magic/melee lists, and much much more. I have also researched the real world religions, history, esoteric societies, cultures, medieval societies and culture, armor, weapons, battles, empires, archaeology, architecture, and the occult practices of the past.

Beyond that, I am an artist and like to draw (charcoal, pencil, color pencil, pastel), paint (oil & water color), ceramics, and photography, and digital art.

This is my world:
Last edited by RedAngel on Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cynicalwanderer
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Looking for a fellow high fantasy writing friend

Postby cynicalwanderer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:07 pm

Nice map. Is that from one of the proc gen randomisers you can run online, or did you make it yourself?
"I've stopped giving advice. Even when people ask for it, they resent getting it." -Ross Macdonald.

RedAngel
Private E-1

Re: Looking for a fellow high fantasy writing friend

Postby RedAngel » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:50 pm

I made it myself a long time ago before generation hit the scene. It sure would have saved a lot of time if I had used a tool to do it. I learned a lot about geology in terms of plates and mountains, regions, climates, etc in the process of making it. So it was not all bad. Mostly I used it as an overlay in google earth as a visual tool adding pins for cities, POI's, and general visuals while I wrote the history of the world. And the tours were pretty cool too.

Return to Goal Posts