[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Publishing a new version, new cover, new title : Writers' Block Party • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Publishing a new version, new cover, new title

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
DotIsXts
Private E-1

Publishing a new version, new cover, new title

Postby DotIsXts » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:20 am

Hi,
Has anyone re-published a book with a new cover, new title and under the real author's name and not the previous pen name?
My self-published book was published under a non-exclusive contract and I want to re-launch through a new company.
Any advice will be much appreciated.
Thank you

Oldtimer
Colonel

Re: Publishing a new version, new cover, new title

Postby Oldtimer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:39 am

I'm interested in reading the replies to your question, DotIsXts. I'm in the same boat.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:19 am

I'll move this post to a more appropriate forum.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:39 am

Just personal opinion, but if I'd already read the first version, and then bought the new one, I'd feel cheated. It seems deceptive to me.

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:59 am

Last edited by williamadams on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:02 pm

DotIsXts
Private E-1

Postby DotIsXts » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:45 pm

Thank you for all your comments. The ethical question was my greatest concern.
Would a line on the new cover, such as: "This book previously published under the title…" be considered enough advice for new readers?
The ISBN would be different.

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:47 pm

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:52 pm

[quote="williamadams"]on the cover for sure
buried on the copyright page not so much [/quote]

Agree.

Return to Writers' Block Party