[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Anyone tried STAGGERED PRICING for a Book Launch? : Promotional Tips • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Anyone tried STAGGERED PRICING for a Book Launch?

mikeyboy_esq
Private E-2

Anyone tried STAGGERED PRICING for a Book Launch?

Postby mikeyboy_esq » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:36 pm

I've recently read about a book launch strategy where you start out selling your new eBook for either free or 99 cents, then go up a dollar per week until you reach your intended retail price. Has anyone ever tried this strategy? If so, what were your results?

Supposedly, if you start out with a FREE eBook download, then you are more likely to get lots of activity and then Amazon rewards that activity with "Amazon juice" (meaning your book will get more exposure on Amazon based on Amazon's secret algorithm). Of course, you use this special promotion pricing as part of your advertising campaign to spread the word about your new book on your social media platform.

I'm about to launch my 2nd book this coming week (its a self-publishing guide based on the steps I used to self-publish my debut book), and I'm interested in trying this strategy. However, I discovered that to start out with a FREE eBook on Amazon, I have to join KDP Select (which also requires participating in KU) and I'm not interested in doing that b/c I don't want my eBook to be exclusively listed on Amazon. So instead, I plan to start out pricing my eBook at 99 cents for the first week (or perhaps another interval that I choose), then go up a dollar the next week and do it again the 3rd week. And I'll mention this promo pricing as part of my book launch advertising. If you have done this before, please chime in below and let me know how it worked for you. Thanks!
Mikeyboy_esq
proud author of:
1) Engaging College Students: A Fun and Edgy Guide for Professors
2) 14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book
http://www.engagingcollegestudents.com

Dreaming Imrryr
Sergeant First Class

Re: Anyone tried STAGGERED PRICING for a Book Launch?

Postby Dreaming Imrryr » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:37 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Dreaming Imrryr on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:49 pm

mikeyboy_esq
Private E-2

Postby mikeyboy_esq » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:56 pm

Mikeyboy_esq
proud author of:
1) Engaging College Students: A Fun and Edgy Guide for Professors
2) 14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book
http://www.engagingcollegestudents.com

Return to Promotional Tips