[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
politics - enter at your own risk : Take it Outside! • Page 5 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

politics - enter at your own risk

Take your food fights, word games and other creative diversions out here.
pls
Site Admin

Re: politics - enter at your own risk

Postby pls » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:01 pm

As I posted elsewhere on the Internet, I'm not going to speculate on Trump's future. It has always been my philosophy to let objectionable people p*** on their own foot before taking action - in this case, offering an opinion. That practice always worked, especially with students who thought I was stupid. As Rob says, let's wait and see what happens.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:48 pm

Yeah, he could turn 180 degrees and become a reasonable, mature, thinking human being.

I'm not betting on it. He's proved himself otherwise over more years than just this campaign.
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:28 pm

Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

shadowwalker
Captain

Postby shadowwalker » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:16 pm

I've already noted that he "spoke" for people who felt distanced. I've also noted he hoodwinked a lot more. Still more really did hate Clinton enough to vote for anyone else.

I'm not treating him as a joke or caricature or anything other than what he is: a billionnaire who got his start on daddy's dime, has been sued and investigated more times than Clinton has servers, has insulted the majority of American citizens from women to Muslims to Hispanics to the disabled to veterans, and prefers to insult those who disagree with him rather than discuss anything. There are innumerable other things I could mention - not liking to read reports but make decisions on "gut instinct", pillaring Bill Clinton for doing the same things he himself has done, claiming he can help the economy while being in bankruptcy time after time, etc etc.

So no, I don't think he's "simply" unlikable. I think the man's downright dangerous.
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

It's really not that hard. Just tell me a story.

Rosedarling
Sergeant

Postby Rosedarling » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:55 pm

Formerly known as rosebud.

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:20 am

The policies are not at immigrants, but at illegal immigrants.

Not undocumented. Illegal.

And for those trying to compare this to the Jews escaping the Nazis, there was no clear history of violence from a subset of them. That's neither a defense of the current policies or a stand in their favor. I'm just saying the comparison fails.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:31 am

Thomas6
Private E-2

Postby Thomas6 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:22 pm

To end the political right altogether, people worldwide just need to do the following:

1) Call people Gods

2) Call people computers

3) Don't go to work

4) Don't pay tax

5) Don't use money whatsoever

6) Don't use the language of nationalism and capitalism

7) Raise your hand to the sun for others to see

8) Advocate that people pay for their atoms

9) Advocate that it be made illegal to talk about people

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:37 pm

thomas6 is a trollbot that has infested other forums too

even for politics this is meaningless nonsense

the only question is do trolls and trollbots have a right of free speech on a private forum

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:10 pm

williamadams, I've warned Thomas6 to stop using the WD forums as his personal online outlet and to review the WD motto ("Write Better, Get Published"). He has the right to post - and you have the right to call him out WITHOUT name-calling, but as this is not technically a public forum, I have the right as admin to get rid of him if he doesn't follow my directions and shape up. We'll see.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

PreviousNext

Return to Take it Outside!