[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Correct use of commas : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Correct use of commas

Frequently asked questions. Go HERE and read the first thread.
educator
Private E-1

Correct use of commas

Postby educator » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:16 pm

Hello!

I am writing a cover letter and I'm unsure whether the following sentence should have a comma in it or not. I often get confused with this and I really want to know for the future as well. I've tried reading various web pages and am still confused. Please, could someone help? Thank you!
The sentence is:

It is evident you have a team, who are committed to providing quality education for your students.

pls
Site Admin

Re: Correct use of commas

Postby pls » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:15 am

No comma. And as a collective noun, "team" is singular, so "who is" or "which is".
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:48 am

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:50 am

educator
Private E-1

Postby educator » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:53 pm

Thank you so much. At first I didn't put a comma, but then later decided to put one in. I'll take it out now.

Regarding the word 'team' I'm in Australia so I go by the UK rule.

Return to FAQs