[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner! (book contest winner) : Success Stories • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner! (book contest winner)

It's OK to brag here! In fact, we encourage it. Tell your fellow writers about your most recent sale, a new market you cracked, etc.
mikeyboy_esq
Private E-2

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner! (book contest winner)

Postby mikeyboy_esq » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:07 pm

Good news! My new book (Engaging College Students: A Fun and Edgy Guide for Professors) was selected as the solo Medalist Winner in the Education category of the 2016 New Apple Annual Book Awards for Excellence in Independent Publishing... whew, that is a long title! :D But seriously, I'm very excited b/c this is the first book contest that I ever won and it's for my first published book. Sadly, there is no big cash prize for winning this particular award, but I do hope it will lead to some much-needed publicity. Plus, I can finally advertise my book as "award-winning" (for whatever that is worth... :roll: )

Now I'm off to write my acceptance speech... :lol:
Mikeyboy_esq
proud author of:
1) Engaging College Students: A Fun and Edgy Guide for Professors
2) 14 Steps to Self-Publishing a Book
http://www.engagingcollegestudents.com

Oldtimer
Colonel

Re: Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner! (book contest winner)

Postby Oldtimer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:58 am

Congratulations, mikeyboy. To be an award winner truly is something to be proud of. Here's wishing you more success in the future.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

mikeyboy_esq
Private E-2

Postby mikeyboy_esq » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:40 pm

Thanks Oldtimer! I actually entered my book in multiple book contests for promotional purposes, and I'm anxious to find out how my book does in the other contests to be announced later this year (especially the ones that are open to both self-published and traditionally published books - those will be the real test!). This contest was only open to indie published books, but I'm still excited that my book won its category.
Mikeyboy_esq
proud author of:

Brien Sz
Sergeant Major

Postby Brien Sz » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:03 am

Congrats! Awesome.

mikeyboy_esq
Private E-2

Postby mikeyboy_esq » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:16 pm

Mikeyboy_esq
proud author of:

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:02 pm

mikeyboy_esq
Private E-2

Postby mikeyboy_esq » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:21 pm

Thanks williamadams!
Mikeyboy_esq
proud author of:

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:26 pm

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:24 pm

Return to Success Stories