Phase 2

What's going on in your writing world? Connect with the writing community here and talk about whatever's on your mind.
RenDan
Private E-1

Phase 2

Postby RenDan » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:51 pm

Hey everyone,

Well, I finished my first new adult/mainstream fiction novel in October! I had it professional copyedited (to save time, definitely not money) and wrote a query letter and synopsis I'm proud of. I've started phase 2 and queried about 50-60ish agents, some nice, some rude, and all in between. I'm staying positive and proud of my literary baby, but it's not without deep frustration. I've gone over my first page and first chapter so many times and I'm truly happy with it, so I don't see the need to completely change it. I've used Writer's Market, querytracker, agent tracker and I just keep seeing all the same names and agencies that I've already sent off my info to. I check my email like a junkie, it's getting unhealthy.

It's a sad feeling to know that my work likely won't get picked up by an agent. The statistics are pretty astounding. I know this should in no way change how accomplished I am with myself and my creative abilities. So, I guess what I'm wondering, is how many of you are still waiting for that glorious offer of representation email? How many of you thought it was hopeless, but found a triumphant ending? Am I losing steam too quickly or should continue to be realistic but hopeful?

I know self-publishing is another path to take, but I'm not ready to dive into those possibilities yet. Thanks for listening!

Brien Sz
Sergeant Major

Re: Phase 2

Postby Brien Sz » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:35 pm

Give it until the fall. If not or nothing comes of it, why not self publish? You never know...

Return to Writers' Block Party